1942 game video,music.(2.76MB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:rolleyes2 this is going no where....

why do you think you are such an expert on good and bad music anyway? Has making a subborn choice not to listen to the music everyone else does in high school finally gone to your head?

i suppose you think techno and trance are 'bad' music to...

Comment

Stubborn choice? No, it's because of the fact that I like the music, not because I want to rebel or anything stupid like that. I can also recognise that generally it takes much more talent to be successful in certain genres, and I have more respect for good arists because of this. With bands like Linkin Park, 50 Cent, or whatever, they aren't successful because they're necessarily good, but because of their attitude. They cater to the teenagers that are generally (and I say that because not all are like that) insecure about social status, etc.. It's kind of like Maddox's thing about "listening to cool music makes us cool".

And I know that this argument will go in circles forever. Really, I don't expect anything to come out of this. I don't mean to be a troll at all, but I'm a little deprived of debates at the moment, and let's face it...debates are always fun, and I haven't had a good one in a while.

EDIT: Gah, don't edit stuff like that...gets annoying. :p

No, I don't think that techno and trance is bad, because it actually gets to be rather interesting. Some of the stuff out there is quite good, just like pop. However, it's hard to find the best stuff, but when you do, it pays off.

And I'm also a Rammstein fan - German metal band that also combines techno elements into their music.

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
        have you actually listened to the words of Linkin Park songs?
        I wouldn't think so.

He should take some time to listen to eminem as well before claiming that every lyric relies on swearing and drugs.. :rolleyes2

Comment

ah, Rammstein, first thing we've agreed on so far :D

I certainly hope you aren't lumping me into the 'i wanna be a cool teen' category (haven't been a teen in a while for one thing). I guess I should take offense to that too while I'm at it :p

Trance and techno aside, i generally like some meaning to my music along with a good beat, something that groups like Linkin Park, Evanescence, and Dream Theater seem to have plenty of. Hell, even Eminem has depth and meaning in many of his songs if you actually take the time to listen instead of immediately brushing it off as 'bad music' ('bad music'... that still makes me laugh); besides, do you think he would piss off so many people if he just made lousy music?
          Bad music is like bad art, it doesn't exist. There is only what you like and don't like.

You never answered my last post, what make you think your suck an expert?

If you like to debate so much, you need to be a mod somewhere ;)

Comment

Stubborn choice? No, it's because of the fact that I like the music, not because I want to rebel or anything stupid like that.

Oh so all his grown up fans like myself are just a bunch of rebeling kids.. :rofl:

I can also recognise that generally it takes much more talent to be successful in certain genres

Do you really think it's easy to write lyrics the way he does? The man is nothing less than a pure genious in my opinion.

Everybody to their own, but your way to speak makes you look like a complete moron, with comments like "bad music is simply bad" makes your lack of self distance even more embarrassing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that people like you excist, so that Eminem gets the fuel he need to keep bully em'.. :flames:

Edit: minibubba I like techno to..

Comment

ah, Rammstein, first thing we've agreed on so far
              Ah, so there's still hope for you yet. ;)

I certainly hope you aren't lumping me into the 'i wanna be a cool teen' category (haven't been a teen in a while for one thing). I guess I should take offense to that too while I'm at it
              Heh, most people are like that. I'm sorry that I considered to be you one of the closed-minded fanboys...

Trance and techno aside, i generally like some meaning to my music along with a good beat, something that groups like Linkin Park, Evanescence, and Dream Theater seem to have plenty of. Hell, even Eminem has depth and meaning in many of his songs if you actually take the time to listen instead of immediately brushing it off as 'bad music' ('bad music'... that still makes me laugh); besides, do you think he would piss off so many people if he just made lousy music?
              Yes, but all I seem to hear from Eminem is constant swearing, the same cheap sound effects over and over, etc.. Sure, there are the odd meaningful songs, but really, there don't seem to be many...especially the popular ones.

You never answered my last post, what make you think your suck an expert?
              Did I say I was an expert? Never. I merely have common sense. I can identify something good and something bad when see it, as most people should be able to.

If you like to debate so much, you need to be a mod somewhere
              http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...ter&forumid=10

Already done, minibubba...and (not to brag) probably the most influential member on the boards, as well as the highest poster. Little 'ol ex-spammer me, eh? :p

EDIT: Whee, more editing.

Oh so all his grown up fans like myself are just a bunch of rebeling kids..
              Did I say that everybody who likes Eminem and Linkin Park is a rebelling kid? Most are, but certainly not all.

Do you really think it's easy to write lyrics the way he does? The man is nothing less than a pure genious in my opinion.

Everybody to their own, but your way to speak makes you look like a complete moron, with comments like "I know good music from bad" makes your lack of self distance even more embarrassing.
              Did I say that I thought that it was easy to write lyrics? No, but he's certainly not the best one out there.

I look like a complete moron because I can identify talent when I see it?

Comment

Did I say I was an expert? Never. I merely have common sense. I can identify something good and something bad when see it, as most people should be able to.
                Everyone has different tastes. As the old saying goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Did I say that everybody who likes Eminem and Linkin Park is a rebelling kid? Most are, but certainly not all.
                Quite a few people from my school, and from around here listen to LP and Eminem and aren't rebellious

Comment

a forum without constant debates? must be boring :p

I say you think you are an expert because you claim to know what can be considered good and bad music. And yet you say that all it takes is common sense, so apparently I am lacking :?:

All i see is someone that knows what he likes and that is all. Tell me, specificly, what makes 'bad' music? Is there some specific thread amongst all so-called bad music that makes them all so lousy? Or is it (as I suspect), nothing more than your opinion on certain groups, individuals, and songs?

That brings us back to what started all of this, opinions. Thankfully opinions are not the basis of everything 'good and bad'

Comment

I think I know whos rebelling.. :p

Comment

Hehehe.. this is just funny now. Keep up the good work guys. :)

I think one fact that can't be ignored is the popularity of these kind of artists. While you may not think there's much talent / depth to them, they are still very popular world wide, and it's not just stupid little angsty teenagers buying their products. People are enjoying them.

Both E and LP have lasted the long haul too. They've been around for a while, and are still very successful. The talentless ones, and the 'one-hit wonder' people seem to die off pretty quickly. First that comes to mind there is TATU and Avril. They were both fairly big when they rose to fame, but then people realised that TATU was crap and running on the whole lesbian schoolgirl thing, and Avril can't actually sing for ****, especially once the whole sk8r gurl thing wore off.

But again, that's just me. I'm not gonna judge people for what they listen to. What I can identify as good and bad may differ completely to what others think. I'm not gonna sit here and try say that I'm right about it. I just present the facts as I see em.

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
                        I think I know whos rebelling.. :p
                        you noticed too?

anyway, as much as i like running in circles, i do have other things to do today. If someone else feels like continuing this, be my guest, i'm getting dizzy :laugh:

Comment

a forum without constant debates? must be boring :p
                          Oh, there are lots of debates, but they just aren't as frequent, and there are also tons of clueless newbies there as well...just a cycle, really.

I say you think you are an expert because you claim to know what can be considered good and bad music. And yet you say that all it takes is common sense, so apparently I am lacking :?:
                          Well, apparently so. :p

All i see is someone that knows what he likes and that is all. Tell me, specificly, what makes 'bad' music? Is there some specific thread amongst all so-called bad music that makes them all so lousy? Or is it (as I suspect), nothing more than your opinion on certain groups, individuals, and songs?
                          What makes it bad? Bad writing, short songs, repetative lyrics, songs that all tend to sound the same, bad singing, and many other factors. Linkin Park are really not very talented in any way...musically, at least. Eminem isn't horrible, but he's still not a "musical genious". Comparing him to the likes of Mozart and Beethoven is just, well, not really quite right.

That brings us back to what started all of this, opinions. Thankfully opinions are not the basis of everything 'good and bad'
                          Sure, I've got my opinion, and you have yours, but you seem to be missing what I've been saying all along - that overly popular bands that are not talented in many ways are far too successful for what they do. Of course, most entertainers are, but it's just irrational that someone with less talent should be able to be more successful.

Comment

One thing that does loom over the Rap Music Industry is the lack of staying power. So many artists pop up for mega hits for 1-3 years and then disappear off the face of the earth.

There aren't exactly many 'old school' rappers that are still considered good... For example, you probably haven't heard of at least half of these:

MC Hammer
                            Vanilla Ice
                            Young MC
                            Onyx
                            Do or Die
                            Tag Team
                            N2Deep
                            D-Nice
                            Volume 10
                            Skee-Lo

If you're saying WHO? thats because their music lacked substance, and as soon as MTV stopped pimping them, everyone stopped caring.

Run DMC and the Beastie Boys have had PHENOMONAL staying power (at least compared with the rest of the Rap world) I constantly hear their songs everywhere.

Rap also suffers from some horribly offensive and racist lyrics. This not only gives it a bad reputation, but degrades the credibility of the entire genre.

So what does this mean? It means that alot of rap is crap, not musically significant, nor will anyone remember it in 10 years. But I think there is enough Rap that will be remembered. It seems that Eminem has a very strong following, but then again so did MC HAmmer.... LOL So there is little way to tell if you'll hear Eminem on the radio in 2020.

All I can say is that I think you should like Rap because YOU like it, and not because MTV is playing it, or because your friends are buying the CD's. If everyone did this we wouldn't have any boy bands, or Britney Spears'.

If the past is any example, look at what Run DMC and the Beastie Boys have made... their music is much more musical, with rap on top. I think this is a good measurement of what will be around in the future.

:2cents:

Comment

Originally posted by SearanoX
                              Eminem isn't horrible, but he's still not a "musical genious". Comparing him to the likes of Mozart and Beethoven is just, well, not really quite right.
                              I don't think anyone here is short sighted enough to compare Eminem to Mozart... :laugh: :laugh:

Lets face it, the true test is time, and until a song or album or Concerto has been listened to and accepted by every generation for hundreds of years could you compare the two.....

The ONLY two musical contributions of our time that I MIGHT compare to Mozart or Beethoven would be Elvis, and the Beatles.

Comment

i think we gone way out on a tangent here .....
                                soz i posted this.:shoot2:

Comment

Working...
                                X