No announcement yet.

Steve Waugh No Longer Aussie 1 Day Captain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone else noticed only Australian's have replied to this post. I think it's time some American's showed some interest in our wonderful game of cricket! :afro:

Comment

Tweak..think u could be right bout warney there...he's been around for a long time. and he knows his cricket..could be worth a try:?:

Comment

My view is that Shane Warne is definately more experienced than Ricky Ponting (Warnie has played 175 matches against Ponting's 131), but Shane Warne only knows how to play aggressively. The few times he's been captain of the one-day side, he's had very aggressive field settings and bowling changes. Fortunately, it worked for him, but sometimes there is a need to be passive in a one-day match. Ricky Ponting has the capability to be both aggressive and passive depending on the situation, so I think it's a wise decision to give him the top job :thumb:
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Pointing ? Well ok, why not !

I see Glichrist didn't get a another shot ! It's not that his previous decisions were bad, just unfortunate. But you try telling the media that !!

Comment

Also, in the case of Adam Gilchrist, the added strain of captaincy in conjunction with wicketkeeping and opening the batting would be too much many people have thought

Comment

Hmmm, well that is a good point. I look forward to seeing some games with Ponting in charge !

:D

Comment

It will be a refreshing change to say the least..... I still can't believe so many people want Steve Waugh in the side still - he's been dumped for a reason :hammer:

Comment

well the general public love him ! Who cares if he can't play cricket anymore, he's a hero ! That guy could have his own miday show !

Comment

Steve Waugh? How is he a hero..... Allan Border and Mark Taylor were better captains than him :confused:

Comment

Absolutely, I agree with you. It's about time he got the boot. I'm just saying that people seem to love him 'cas he's had a pretty good career (maybe not of late though)

Comment

Yes - good player but crappy captain :hammer:

Comment

You think ? I've only ever considered him an average player. Guess I missed his highlights. And I don't think he's done too bad a job as captain.

Comment

No - Steve Waugh is up himself - can't handle losing ;)

Comment

lol, but you have to admit that the media certainly don't help !

Comment

I think the media these days are enough to give ANYONE the ****s

Comment

Working...
                                X