No announcement yet.

Senator Orrin Hatch wants to frag your PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally dont download MP3 from those napster and kaaza sites, all mine are from my own CDs or from websites like MP3.com

I wish they would focus their efforts on real crimes like unwanted junkmail and people who create and spread viruses for fun.

Comment

So long as that idiot restricts himself to that side of the world I don't GAF (but then mine come from legal hard copies as well). :D

Comment

I said my story at the top and sticking to it, they attack me, so help me.

Comment

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) suggested Tuesday that people who download copyright materials from the Internet should have their computers automatically destroyed. But Hatch himself is using unlicensed software on his official website, which presumably would qualify his computer to be smoked by the system he proposes. The senator's site makes extensive use of a JavaScript […]

Comment

So basically, this ass wipe Hatch limits his critera to media only, not software. Okay. I don't think this guy has heard of backups for your PC yet either. Not everyone does, but something to nuke your PC...not sure if he means to wipe data out or physically wreck the PC, the latter could cause a fire hazard if the technology exists.

Comment

The problem is, for them, the technology does not exist. There is no way to physically wreck a PC. It would have to be built into the mobo and the processor I would think. And even then, not many people out there are going to buy the lastest greatest technology knowning its capibilites. Its useless IMO

Comment

Working...
              X