Gaming Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming Problems

I have p4 1.4, gf4 ti 4200, 512 Rambus ram, and i get a sweet 99 constant fps in counterstrike.........until i see another player/s in my screen, as soon as some action takes place my fps drops down to around 40-50!?!?!? i asked peeps and they all agree it mite drop down by about 10fps but shouldnt drop down so low? I have recently installed XP and tried all the tweaks i can find but none seem to help, and i like XP pro and dont really want to have to reinstall 2k pro just so i can play games at a good frame rate!
    any suggestions wud b appreciated
    ta

-Wellsy-

Check ya AGP aperture setting in BIOS and if it's set to 64MB then change it to 128MB and see if that cures the prob.

Comment

awww finally something im good at, gaming. 1) Counter-Strike is an old game and does not really require a fast computer, unlike some more advanced games like BattleField 1942
      2) Most gaming problems are from driver problems, update your drivers (sound + gpu should do well enough)
      3) If that still doesn't work, turn of vsync
      4) still having problems, turn down sound quality and graphics quality
      5) faster processor

Comment

used RefreshForce?

Comment

hehe the nVIDIA master has come to our aid, what does refresh force do? (im still runnin an old gForce 3 and PROUD OF IT)

Comment

ARGGHHH CSS...get out of the past, that game has to be, what 5 years old?

Comment

Originally posted by ZEROKOOL
              ARGGHHH CSS...get out of the past, that game has to be, what 5 years old?
              Hey, leave the nasty, anti-CS comments to the admins. :) He's looking for help. If he wants to whittle away his life by playing CS, leave him be.

Just one question: Is 40-50 fps really that bad? I mean, it's still very playable.

Two things you failed to mention were your internet connection and what resolution you are trying to run at. There's a chance that your computer will run fine when it doesn't have much action on screen to deal with, but when all the people appear, your problem could lie in the fact that you're not getting enough updates from the server to really support 99fps, or the fact that your res is too high and it's struggling a little (although I doubt that's the case).

A lot of people have weird little problems like this with CS, and I haven't actually seen a good answer to it yet. Good luck finding one.

t00lb0x, your points contradict themselves. First you say that CS doesn't need a fast PC, then you suggest a faster processor, which probably won't help anyways. Although the driver update is a good idea.

Comment

haha yea whatever floats his boat, just kinda tired of hering over and over again about this game. 90% of everyone on there cheats anyway right??(source:internet) so its just a mattter of whos bot is better??

Comment

I have 512 DSL, living in the UK so its shoddy DSL ;) and i run at 800 x 600 RES !
                  CS annoys me as well! but due to the fact lots of ppl play it, its the game for me ! :D i dotn think my pc is quick enuff to run any new games well tbh :(

Comment

Working...
                  X