Dual Monitors on TI4200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Monitors on TI4200

If I add a second monitor to my ti4200, will I be able to independently set each monitors resolution, or will I be confined to the max res of the ****tier monitor? I was just planning on buying a cheap 25 dollar 2nd monitor so I can surf the net or whatever while playing a game. So is it possible to keep my main monitor set at something like 1280x1024 while the 2nd monitor is at 1024x768?

You'll be able to set each monitor independantly.

Comment

but wiggo correct me if i am wrong but everything i have read has stated that the dual monitor setup will only allow you to run two applications to "spread out your desktop". I dont think that he will be able to surf the net and play a game at the same time. the card wont be able to understand what commands are for what ie. game or browser.

Comment

Never actually tried to play a game and surf the net at the same time ... not talented enough to even attempt that. I can, however, surf the net on my monitor and watch a DVD on the T.V. screen but the DVD picture does stutter when I switch web pages.
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

A lot will depend on the game but ya can only have one active window at a time to control anyway while the other just does its thing in the background.

Comment

Adobe Photoshop open on one with the tool boxes open on the other... Sounds like a dream to me!!

Comment

I luv my dual monitor setups (4 to date) as I can get things done a lot quicker and absorb more info at once. Below is the screeny I just took reduced 50%. ;)

Comment

Comment

Yes, I have my webcams up on one screen, along with the messages. Playing games, working in Photoshop, whatever, works well. Real Player seems to have trouble only showing the video on the main screen tho, goes black but keeps playing if you slide it to the other monitor.

G Smith Adobe Photoshop open on one with the tool boxes open on the other... Sounds like a dream to me!!
                  It is SWEET!!! I also have 3DMax, with the 4-viewports maximized on the main screen for more working space. With the tools open on the 2nd. and there's no scrolling in the tools cause you can extend them to multiple bars. Hightly, HIGHLY recommend 2 monitors if you do alot of PS or 3D.

Comment

Oh yeah... like Wiggo's example. PrtScrn captures both screens as one file... very nice!

Comment

Working...
                    X