Arctic Silver 3 on the GPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arctic Silver 3 on the GPU?

Can you put, or is it okay to put AC3 on the gpu. My Leadtek Ti4600 still runs hot. How bad, or good, is it to use AC3? I haven't taken the heatsink off yet, so I'm not exactly sure whats under there. Thought I'd ask you guys first.:confused:

yes,,u can put ac3 on ur GPU. if ur heatsink is stuck without pins,,that mean they ar using a thermal tape adhisive.

to get it off,, u can try by blowing the heatsinks with a blow dryer,, and then use a flat screw driver to pry it off,, (slowly and carefully.. ) *u may even ask someone to help put a card underneath the thing when prying.

2nd option is to use no hole zip lock bag,, and put it in the frezzer,,i( i only done this once,,but i dont recommend it,,cause froze may get in ur bag,, and may ruin the GPU or the whole video card.

Comment

If it doesnt have a hold down type heatsink, dont use AC3. They have other paste that will hold the heatsink. Sort of like AC3 with glue.

Comment

K, I'll have to check. It is a wrap-around heatsink with 1 plastic clip. Not sure if theres adhesive compound there or not. Guess I'll check it out. Thanks

Comment

GROOVY! : peace: :afro:

This so far has done the trick... AC3 is transferring MUCH better then the goop on there they had. :bounce:

Now I'm cookin'.... cool.....:flames:

Thanks!

Comment

if the clip can hold the heatsink, AC3 is the best.
            but if there is no clip go with their other stuff.

Comment

It had too clips, came off very easy.

Comment

Working...
              X