Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove GF2 MX passive heatsink

Hi

I want to replace the passive heatsink that come with my Geforce2MX, because I can't play any 3d game , the computer crashes, reason the high temperature.

I tried to remove it, but I can't. Does anyone know how to remove it?:?:

I read that some are like a "part" of the GPU, and they cannot be remove without damage the GPU. How can I know if mine is one of them?

Also, is true that putting the video card into the freezer may help to remove the hs?:?:

My card is a Gigabyte GF-1280.

Thanks...

P.S. Sorry for my bad English

Why dont you just mount a fan on top of the passive heat sink.
    That way you dont have to worry about damaging your GPU.

Comment

Why not buy a ge force 3. There cheap and sure as hell get the job done:thumb:
      P.S ure english is great mate

Comment

If heat is the prob with it then you need to look at ya case airflow as it must have none.

Comment

All right!!!

Thanks for your replies.

I will try to mount a fan :thumb:

And yes, my case don't have any fan :(. Does the case need something especial to attach the fans? Or I just go to the store and buy any fan I like?

:D

Comment

Unforgiven.....

I am a little new to the hardware aspects of computers but I think that yes, your case must have slots for fan placement. In other words, if your case didn't come with any fan slots, it looks like you will need to buy a new case.

A good place to buy one is at directron.com. If you can a afford it, get the Thermaltake xaser II. It is really cool, man.

Eternal and Awesome CHAOS

Comment

Any UNEEC case whether it be Antec, Chieftec, Enermax, Thermaltake, Viking, etc, etc, etc,.. would be an excellent choice (and Lia Li if ya can afford the price). :thumb:

Comment

Thanks for your help.

But here we don't have much variety of cool cases, and the few that one can find are very expensive, for example the XaserII costs $213 (US), for me that's a lot:cry:
                But I will try to find a good case, if I don't find any, I will continue using my 21 inches floor fan for cooling, jejeje.

It's a joke (But I really had used it to cool the case ).

And again thank you very much for your answers :thumb:
                : peace: : peace2:

Comment

It WORKS!!!!:bounce:

Just like you wrote. I found and old Pentium MMX fan and after a lot of time guessing how to attach it, I did it.

Now I can play at the default speed Only in OpenGL games the solution doesn't work very well, becuase after 30 minutes it begins to stop, but it doesn't matter I usually play Direct3d Games (NFS: HP2, BattleField), and after a few hours (I just play two hours) it still working fine.

I got a Celeron Fan but I don't exactly how to attach it.

BTW I guess after all the case has plastic where you can have a fan in the front...I'm not sure, I don't know anything about case cooling.

Comment

Working...
                  X