Is this a good vid card/price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good vid card/price?

:o :o :help: Newbness stricks again! Want a decent starting point for a uber machine, looking at ATI and am only familure with G3's (and not much of that?!?!):rolleyes: Check links and give me you opinion.

http://www.googlegear.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=320703 OR

These are "bulk"/oem does this effect the oc'ing abilities?:confused:

Will be mated with either 2100+ that is supposed to be a derated 2600+ or a 333 2700+ in a A7N8X Dx.

Bulk or Oem just means that it doesn't come with retailing package...justa the card in a static bag, the drivers cd and maybe the cable for tv out. I perfer buying OEM saves you cash...and shouldn't affect o/cing. Although i have heard from RDR that powercolor branded ATi cards...tend to underclock...but i believe that is just Power color ...
    You shouldn't have any problems with that Sapphire card from Newegg...I have used them b4 as a 9500 Reg and a 9700 Pro and all are working fine for now.
    - Damien

Comment

I've never heard any Sapphire Radeon9500Pro's clocked at anything but the standard 275/270....althought the picture on googlegear isn't a 9500pro, it's either a 9500np or a 9700series

Comment

RDR are you saying the sapphire's do not over clock or they are not overclocked out of the box?:confused: The reason for the original question is I read some where that oem/bulk were made to a lower standard than retail. :rolleyes: :(

Thanks to both on the come back!:D

Comment

I meant I never heard of one clocked lower (or higher) than 275/270 out of the box

I've never paid much attention 9500pro OC'ing - since I don't have one....I know some are locked in the bios to prevent Oc'ing, but there are ways around that

as far as bulk vs. retail...i'd go for the bulk if the savings are significant

Comment

RDR at some other thread i saw how you mentioned how some power colors come out of the box underclocked and call the stuff like i.e. 9000Pro- Lite...:confused:
            :cheers:
            - Damien

Comment

Working...
            X