g force 2 mx blue screens on windows xp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g force 2 mx blue screens on windows xp

Whenever I try to either run a video or play a direct x game under windows xp using this card (XFX G Force 2 MX 64mb) my machine blue screens. If i turn the hardware acerlaration down i can get it to run videos but obvously i want to run it as full speed.

I have also tried a 32mb version of this card and the same thing happened. I have tried to use the new detonator nvidia drivers but same thing happens, i have also upgraded the BIOS on my motherboard to a version that apparently solves a problem with my motherboard and a G force 4 Ti card but same thing happens

I have an Abit KT7A Raid motherboard and 655mb RAM using a Athlon 1.4ghz chip

Does anyone know of any compatability probs using this card, motherboard and operating system? and if so how to get around them?

Cheers

What version of directx are u running, and do opengl games or apps crash when u run those?

Comment

I am running version 9 at the moment ( i have just upgraded from 8 today but the fault persists).

I have tried this card with windows 2000 and i don't have a problem, its only when running XP that the system hangs then blue screens.

I was getting a Blue screen that mentioned the NV4_disp.dll, but this seem to have stopped and I get another blue screen now.

Next time it happens i will take a note!

Not sure about open GL games as i don't think i have any.

Comment

hmm, did you completely uninstall the earlier nvidia drivers and restart before u installed the new ones? If not try doing that, the Detonator Destroyer from guru3d.com is good to make sure you got rid of all of ur old driver files. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
        X