Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need a cooling ujpgrade 4 my 9700Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far I've had it up to 378MHz...up from 364 w/ the stock cooler & 340 when the shim was in place...I might be able to squeeze out a bit more...I haven't increased the AGP voltage yet - but I think mine just isn't a great OC'er.....maybe a core voltage mod & a copper cooler is the next step:D
    Still it got me over 5100 in 3DMark03...& I didn't have my CPU and RAm maxed out for the test either

Comment

Sweeeeeet... :D :D :D

Very professional looking job, also. A gain of ~15mhz is pretty darn good. I am thinking mine should hit 400mhz with a "home made baddie" on the GPU. My ram is the 3.3ns infineon, so it's just not going to go any higher than 633 without getting artifacts. Oh well. Also, I don't think I'll be able to fit the two heat sinks in my photo on my card because of the capacitor clearance issue. I do have an old K6 cooler, which should fit the bill nicely. I'll still be eating 3 PCI slots, but I only really need my raid card and the Live! I am thinking about trying the nForce audio, but PCDJ (www.visiosonic.com) plays well with the Live! so I wanna keep using that until there is some native support for the nForce sound on it. Well, time to hit the beach for a BBQ. Awesome job RDR! *applause*
      :thumb: :thumb: :cheers:

Comment

Very good job there RDR:thumb:

Comment

Working...
        X