ATI Fire GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Fire GL

I was at dell's web-site yesterday and saw this thing with 1,280 mb of ram for 1,200$

btw I was customizing a business machine

must be a typo - the File GL Z1 has 128MB of ram, and the X1 has 128 or 256MB

looks like somebody got their decimal in the wrong place:rolleyes:

Comment

Yer definetly a typo. It would be sweet to have a gig of vram as well as a gig of rdram. Gameing paradise.:wow:

Comment

Not on a firegl man :) At least well... I havn't used the newer FireGL's heh, but I ran a FireGL 8800 w/ 128MB DDR for the longest time in this p4 (and before that the dual p3) as a gaming rig, and 3dmark 2001se couldn't break 12000 oc'd to 3.325ghz w/ that vid card. Replaced it with the ti4200p turbo from albatron, and my scores are now over 16000 (last check... have since installed dx9, and 3dmark2k3 don't like my dx9 debugging drivers (stupid dx9sdk)).

Comment

well I have seen video cards form 3dlabs that are a gig,but cost 1,200$

Comment

Keep in mind those are made for professional 3D apps and are not optimized for gaming. Most Pro cards will get toasted by a GF4 in games, simply because they're not designed to run games.

If you want to game, either GF4 or ATI 9700 Pro Ya can't do better. Though the X1 with 256MB of vRAM might be worth looking at it your pocket is supper deep.

Comment

X1? where is that located at:?:

Comment

Originally posted by RDR
                [b]the File GL Z1 has 128MB of ram, and the X1 has 128 or 256MB
                I don't know where you can buy it from, but check newegg.com or go to pricewatch.com and use that.

Though they're both US centric.

Comment

Working...
                X