Asus V9280S(Superfast)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus V9280S(Superfast)!

Anyone here have this videocard?Anything thing good or bad to say about this card?how much did you pay?(canadian funds)please.I've narrowed my choices to "asus v9280s or albatron ti4680p turbo".Or Fuggettaboutit and just get the ATI 9500PRO.

Yes, I have that Asus card. So far I've had minimal problems and the output is really great. It clocks the snot graphically and benchmark wise out of the Albatron ti4200p Turbo that I had, but it doesn't "feel" quite as buoyant in gameplay as the Albatron did.

I say it's a winner. I also have a grudge against Albatron, so I say go with the Asus.

Only 2 problems I've had:

1. The first card I ordered arrived damaged from NewEgg. That made me cranky and I think it was partially due to the ramsinks being sort of loosely applied on the card.

2. I installed an Audigy 2 Platinum and it threw my graphics drivers to hell after the install (little black lines all over the screen). I uninstalled and reinstalled the Dtonators to no avail. I finally had to re-install XP and pray, then everything was fine. I have NO idea what on earth happened there.

mot

Comment

I rather like my 4200p turbo, but i really don't like the 4680p turbo. I'd also say go with the asus card.

Comment

I forgot the second part of your question. I paid $221.00 US.

mot

Comment

on pricewatch.com they have them at about 150USD
          OOPs, they have the V9280-TD for 150, but the
          V9280S is 200.

Comment

Hey Guys,thanks alot for your feedback and oppinions.Dam that Asus card looks sweet,lol why are the other asus cards so crappy lookin.I feel kind of silly basing my purchase on looks,i don't even have a side window,but i'll leave my side panel off when i get the asus 9280s.I'm pairing up the card with my new system(P4-2.53 w\512MB DDR333MHz[micron],Intel D845pebt2[845pe] mobo and an A-open case[H500A].What do you guys think?Any suggestions(I mostly game).Btw any tips on tidying up wires and cables in your box,pics please.

Comment

around here a Ti4600 is about the same price as a Radeon9700 non-pro...if that's within your budget, thats the card I would get

Comment

I've had my 9280 for about a month now and love it!

Comment

Originally posted by RDR
                  around here a Ti4600 is about the same price as a Radeon9700 non-pro...if that's within your budget, thats the card I would get
                  :wow: :eek: :wow: :barf: no way! you mean a geforce 4 ti4600 is the same price as a radeon 9700 pro the same radeon that kicks the crap out of the ti 4600? cause over here the ti4600 costs 150 where as the radeon 9700 pro costs 350$

Comment

0R1()N , he did say non-pro. its even in your quote.
                    relax killer.

Comment

Originally posted by 0R1()N
                      :wow: :eek: :wow: :barf: no way! you mean a geforce 4 ti4600 is the same price as a radeon 9700 pro the same radeon that kicks the crap out of the ti 4600? cause over here the ti4600 costs 150 where as the radeon 9700 pro costs 350$
                      $150(usd?) for a Ti4600? - that's cheap...I can get a Ti4200 for that, but not a Ti4600/4800

right now here's just about the best I can get in Canadian Dollars

Powercolor Ti4800 ...$379
                      Powercolor Radeon 9700Pro...$409
                      Sapphire Radeon 9700nonPro...$332
                      Sapphire Radeon 9500Pro...$239
                      Joytech Apollo Ti42008X.....$229
                      Powercolor Radeon9100 128MB 250/250 $141
                      Sapphire Radeon9100 64MB 250/230 $102

...this is without any research - just what by hardware supplier sends me on his pricelist, sometimes I can do a few dollars better if I push him a bit:hammer:

Comment

RDR,those are great prices.can you recommend any computer parts store in Vancouver,BC.Also,do you recommend "retail or Oem"?Btw,the lowest price i found for the Asus V9280S is $340[canadian]@A-link in Vancouver.Do you think there will be more price cuts on the gf4 cards?I'm Canadian,so i should support ATI,lol.I'm reluctant on getting the ATI cards,because they're fairly new on the market,and gf4 ti cards are mature.

Comment

:D oops

Comment

Originally posted by Don... Brasco
                            I'm Canadian,so i should support ATI[/b]

:rofl:...I think the Canadian economy will survive if you decide to buy an nVidia product...just buy what suits you best

.I'm reluctant on getting the ATI cards,because they're fairly new on the market,and gf4 ti cards are mature.

the R300 has been available for >6months...that's pretty old for a GPU..the next generation is due out in a matter of weeks
                            :

As far as hardware dealers go - www.ncix.com is on the west coast, they have decent prices

Elcosystems is who I usually deal with (the Toronto office) - I think they have a Western office too, they don't publish prices online & they sell mainly to resellers, I buy enough hardware (about $30K/yr.) that I get the reseller prices...I don't know what their end-user prices are like.

Comment

Thanks for the info,RDR.I'll check out those sites you recommended.Also a big thanks to all the guys here who help make my decision easier.:shoot3:

Comment

Working...
                              X