geforce 3 (which one )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geforce 3 (which one )

which company should i get a geforce 3 ti 500 from... i know that visiontek and asus are good but which one is better all i really know is that the chip is the same and that they both seem to have good features... which one should i be going for... or is there another company that is even better... thanks for the info

Most GeForce3 cards perform very close to each other. Unless you need one with DVI or some special feature, just shop by price.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Pretty much what Darth said, the only major differences between all the cards is what extra features / software it has. I bought a Jaton Geforce 3, has basic software, TV and DVI out, and it was $200 AUS cheaper than any other GF3 card at the time... and it's just as good as the rest...

So unless you need / want extra features and software, like Darth said.. go for the cheaper ones...

Comment

I just bought a Leadtek GF3 Ti200 , the brand new model with 128 DDR. I have been trying to decide over one for a while now and the reviews of the Leadtek's have been very good , especially with regards to overclocking and price. The 128meg of memory might not give it all that much more power right now but it was only $50 over a regualr TI200 so I figured why not. I plan on OC'ing it to GF3 level at least!!!

Comment

The Leadtek cards are pretty good at overclocking, but pay special attention to cooling the RAM - Leadtek generally don't cool the DDR SDRAM well enough for serious overclocking
          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Well I have a 120mm fan mounted on the case that blows over the AGP slot and CPU, but I was going to check and make sure the heatsink is actually touching the chips. Any suggestions is a larger fan on top of the Heatsink would help ?

Comment

I use the Crystal Orb on my vid card and it works wonderfully. On average, it dropped my temperatures 9C under load, so it was a very worthwhile addition. :)
              My Toys

Comment

But doesn't the Crystal orb want to be on the GPU itself ? The leadtek's have that huge all in one heatsink with a fan in the center. Do you think putting a crystal orb on top of the heatsink would be effective ?

Comment

To properly install the Crystal Orb, you will need to remove the old heatsink.
                  My Toys

Comment

Well I've stuck it into my system and have been pleased so far. I have put the GPU up to 200mhz and the RAM to 450mhz without any problems , and without any major increses in heat output. I was going to run some Q3 demos in a loop to see what stress does to it at that level. :devil:

Comment

Working...
                    X