Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ti 4600 128 screen flicker

Hey guys,

I'm getting really bad screen flickering, to the point where the monitor with go black but the mcahine is still running. Only with heavy 3D is going on, eg Unreal2 3D Mark2001se & 3DMark2003.

I have a Leadtek My Vivo Ti4600 128, set up with dual ViewSonic ef90b's, both running at 1600x1200. Everything is running good. I noticed it before I started to overclock. Now it seems worse with stepping the 2.4 to 2.7

I actually crashed Unreal2 while playing. Like I said tho, it is only under heavy 3D load. I have Unreal at 1600x1200 everything set pretty high. I lowered it, but no change. The error when it crashed was a Unreal Engine error. I just installed Directx9 to run 3DMark2003, but it was doing this before that as well.

I don't however have a temp monitor on the GPU, but I'm not overclocking the VC so I don't think it's that, all the other temps are really good.

Any thoughts?

Heat around the card in the case maybe? :?:

I've also heard of some havin' poor heatsink contact as well. ;)

Comment

Yeah, I almost positive it's a heat issue now. I opened the case and while playing if I hit it with the air can while it's really bad it stops till it warms up again. Guess I'm adding a 120mm into the window in my case. My first case mod.

Comment

Working...
      X