something wrong with my video card or what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something wrong with my video card or what

ok this is odd, it just happend, recently but my screen started to get a yellowish tint and then switch back, to white then a couple times it quickly changed back and forth. is this is sign that my grafixs card is on its last leg? have something to do with my montor, or the fact that i just dled direct X 9.0 yesterday (for 3dmark2003)

Perhaps you could uninstall DX 9 and see if the problem goes away?

Comment

check monitor cable

Comment

ok I know exactly what this is as it JUST NOW happened to my dad's monitor. How long does it stay yellow for?

On my dad's monitor sometimes it would stay yellow for a few hours and sometimes only for a few minutes. Or even a few seconds! And sometimes it went away by a simple slap on the monitor.

Basically what it is.....is one of the color guns in the crt lazor shooter thingy (I forgot the name so I used that) is dieing, so it will turn off allowing only red and blue to light up. There for showing that greenish/yellowish tint that your saying.

Comment

stupid pcworld, got this montor becuase they said it was a good one and now 6 months latter it is already dieing that sucs, if it had been the video card it woudl have been one thing cuz at least then i could have just blamed it on the oc, but it just stayes on for like a fraction of a second and then stops.

do you have any clue how much time i have left before it bites the bullet?

Comment

don't really konw as my dad's monitor did this for months. At first just a simple slapping it would fix the problem and then it just got so bad that slapping it would do nothing. So he got a new monitor :(

Comment

i am a poor college student so i hope it last a long time (i was hoping this montor woudl last me at least a couple years), any ideas on how to uninstal direct x 9.0 so i can just test this to make sure i am not barking up the wrong tree

Comment

The only sound way is a format but if ya were forcin' the monitor to display a refresh rate/screen size that was out of spec for the monitor then ya can blame it on the overclock. :devil win
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

If it's only 6 months old isn't still under warranty?

Can't you RMA the sucker? (To quote Wiggo)

Make sure you take pictures of when it isn't working right to so can prove it happens.

Comment

yeah should be under warrenty but don't you still have to pay shiping a stuff on that, and i don't have a cameria, plus i don't know if you have ever tried to take a picture of a computer screen but it is hard, no i am not ocing my montor, i thought about trying that just for kicks but decided against it, cuz it is one of the only pieces of equiment i play on having for a couple years,

btw i am n00b what is rma?

Comment

RMA is "Return Merchandise Agreement." Meaning: send it back under warranty.

DX9 cannot just be uninstalled, and therein lies the rub. You have to wipe C and reinstall windows.

Mot

Comment

Working...
                      X