I think I broke it! PLEASE HELP :_(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I broke it! PLEASE HELP :_(

Well I bought a TT HS/FAN and after puting it on my card I realized I %$#*ED up my video card. Just wondefull, IM using a damn PCI gf2mx right now, I dont know how I messed the thing up, I was haveing problems with the fan connector then I had problems with the push pins, but I got past that. I put it back in and I get square blotches all over the place, Then it gets worse and you cant make anything out, is it truely broken, or is it fixable? Ive tried everything, taken it out and put it back in like 5 times just inspecting the card, I even reinstalled the drivers twice, I am in tears, Somebody PLEASE HELP ME!!!! If my card is broken, could I still get a new one on warranty? How could I get away with buying the same card again and just switching the broken one for the new one, take it back and get money back?
    my view on the two party system...

Ok 1st off u said u had some trouble with the pins... does the fan at least work on it? also are u sure that the fan is not short circuting any thing... Another thing is can u say when u get the boxes as is it in windows or just right off when u start your pc. On a simple note that many ppl overlook is that computer stuff tends to be very sensitive to static discharges and so on. When u say that u are installing new drivers is that with a diff videocard or u can just make out what ever to do it with this one. about the warranty, its preatty much void as soon as u do ANY mods to it. O also forgot to mention that if this problem only and only occurs in windows and not the bios/startup then go into safe mode and see what u get, this may be some sort of softare thing and lets hope that it is. if u get the blotches or what ever distortions in the bios then im about 90% sure that the card is gone.

Comment

I was just OCing my card, and after hitting that "Apply" button the screen went all blotchy and crazy. I OCed it too much. Restarted, and held Ctrl during boot, changed it al back, and its great now! Im not sure if booting into safe mode will do the same thing as Ctrl would, be id say give her a try too.

Comment

Bootin' into Safe mode won't let ya access the drivers. ;)

Comment

Well I get minor glitches in boot up, some times none, but as soon as it gets into windows it gets horible, most of the time I cant even make anything out. I managed to boot up in safe mode one time with out the blotches, same video card, and I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest drivers. then I rebooted and I got blotches again. I have not oc my vide card at all, it was at its default speeds b4 and after I installed the HS/F combo. I do not have the fan conected to the 2 pin connector that is on the video card its conect to one of those big connectors that run of the power supply. So is the card gone? Are there people out there than can fix video cards?
          my view on the two party system...

Comment

I'm sorry dude. She's gone. :( You can't send it back because you killed the warranty. If you bought it in a retail store, put all the stock stuff back on, and say the card just wouldint work or something. (don't fill out your actual adress on the refund form, well you can, but they'll send it back to the company, and..heh, i'd wish to be nameless ;p)

Baby steps man. Baby steps. OC after you have the card running for a day, or a week with the new HSF, and make sure beyond a reasonable doubt that you got everything ready.

Comment

Working...
            X