What to BUY FX or 9700 PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to BUY FX or 9700 PRO

What do I buy?? I am going to build a "NEW" computer, and looking for intel on all parts (not just video) but video is a big factor. Price not really a factor but i dont want to pay 100$$ more for 5 fps.(you know what i mean). I dont care about the noise of the FX card im hearing about, there are 5 cpu's and 1 server in this house. The new system will have a [email protected] 512meg of PC333, audigy 2, do you need to know anything else?:confused:

Go with the R9700Pro then ;) but I'm quite happy with my GF4 Ti4200's :p

<center> </center>

Comment

I would recommend for you to buy a radeon 9700 pro. It's a fast card, when Geforce FX is released, it will still be more expensive than Radeon 9700 Pro. The other thing about ATI's cards is that they produce extremely sharp and clear image quality in both 2D and 3D. Plus the Radeon supports DirectX 9.0 features and when you turn on Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering in high resolution, the GeforceFX can't beat it. I am currently using a Geforce4 Ti4600, and is very annoy by the fact that Nvidia keep on releasing a new driver almost every week. I cannot really tell the differences in these drivers anymore. Plus keeping up with the drivers has become a task itself. So those are my opinions. Good luck on your final decision.
      Last edited by Lone7; 10-06-2005, 05:44 PM.

Comment

I'm very happy with my 9700pro& I have not had any stability/driver issues whatsoever - I know they've had some problems w/SiS chipsets & I'm not sure if they're completely ironed out yet - so you may want to stay away from the SiS p4 chipsets just in case
        the big advantage the 9700pro has over the GF FX is that you can buy one right now....If you're going to wait for the FX to hit stores, you might want to check out the Radeon9900(?) that is supposed to be available around the same time

Comment

Comment

I just bought a 9700, the cooling on the FX would never work here. I have my computers under the desk. The back side of the desk is hot already and the FX does not seem to draw air from the side or front where it is cool.
            Even that massive fan cannot cool the card with hot air.

Comment

Working...
            X