Graphics Freezing Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Freezing Problem

Alright, I'll state the problem first, During any game such as CS, GTA3, Morrowind, one that require any type of graphics are freezing. It does a 2-10 seconds freeze and works for mabey 5 seconds and repeats the process neverending. I havent had any new recent hardware, it just started out of the blue. To correct ive tried Burn tests, Virus Scans, Speed Disk, SP1, changing minor options and the error still occurs. I run a 2.2 intel, and a geforce3 Ti500. Then i visited the websight who sells my video card and they stated it was something SP1 would fix because of a problem with frequency. I have nothing overclocked. So i left a game running for about 2 hours came back and it actually turned the screen black and was blinking every few seconds "Out of range" "H freq 14.9khz" "V freq 9Hzs" I have no idea what this means or how to fix the problem im having. I have 4 fans in my tower counting the one on the card and they're all opperational. The card is hot to where you can't touch it for more then a second and im not sure how hot it can be before its a problem. Imput on how to fix this would be great. Thanks

Ok a few more errors that occured, while i was playing Morrowind this error came up "Microsoft Windows detected and recovered from a device failure. Please save your work & reboot to restore full function" then it continued to a blue windows screen and dumped physical mem and told me to reboot. I can give the numbered errors if needed. Heres the fq of my cars websight.

Your computer may be overheating inside the case.
    Open the case
    Aim a regular house fan inside
    If this corrects the problem, purchase a secondary cooling fan from your local electronics store.
    If you are running WinXP there is s refresh rate flaw. Download and install the refresh rate fix found on the following site: http://www.xp-refresh.net

Comment

*bump*

Comment

Working...
      X