Recent Sapphire Radeon 9500 Atlantis Pro Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Sapphire Radeon 9500 Atlantis Pro Review

Although the statement about low overclockability of Radeon 9500 PRO cards are true, this is an issue which deserves a deeper exploration.

The R9500 to R9700 softmod is mentioned in the conclusion part (this patch doesn't apply to R9500 PRO cards, though), but there isn't a single word about the hacked BIOS file which is required to enable overclocking on current Radeon 9500 PRO boards.

Firinq Squad flashed a Radeon 9500 PRO with this special BIOS and issued benchmarks at 355/315 clock speeds, which they claim to be stable.

I've downloaded my copy from here, and followed these instructions . My Radeon 9500 PRO (Hightech) maxed out at 345/315. I think Tweak Town's review sample could reach those speeds as well. Why not give it a try and tell us how the overclocked Radeon 9500 PRO stacks up against the Radeon 9700? That would make Tweak Town's Radeon 9500 PRO review very special.

I made mention of the hack since it seems to be getting popular amongst the enthusiast crowd, but these tricks aren't for everyone. That is why I just made a short note about this little snippet. I don't feel that it would be proper to test this facet, though, during a normal review of a video card from any manufacturer.

However, if I can set aside enough time in the near future to play around, it is possible to possibly release a short guide or article covering this avenue to higher speeds and test scores.

I won't make any promises as I have other review items being tested at this time, but I will see what I can do to try to bring this about. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Working...
    X