The Illusive Geforce 4 Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Illusive Geforce 4 Info

nice work.. looks good.. pity i've already got a gf3.. won't be upgrading that for a long time.. hell, stuff barely supports the gf3 properly at the moment.. let alone the gf4...

Comment

Yeah I bought a Leadtek Geforce 3 as well and I have yet to see anything that even remotely pushes the hardware.

Comment

:) soon we'll be seeing the next generation above geforce (like geforce was above TNT)... yet things still won't support the higher level Geforces... all they are good for at the moment is to show off the occasional demo and smoothness... :) not that i'm complaining.. ;)

Comment

I don't think that the name "Geforce 4" has been finalized has it? I always heard that the NV25 would have a different name...

Comment

Originally posted by GiMP
            I don't think that the name "Geforce 4" has been finalized has it? I always heard that the NV25 would have a different name...

This comes straight from the nVidia Detonator 27.10 drivers (found in the nv4_disp file):

NVidia.Nv17.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 460"
            NVidia.Nv17.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440"
            NVidia.Nv17.3 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420"
            NVidia.Nv17GL.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro4 500XGL"
            NVidia.Nv17GL.2 = "NVIDIA Quadro4 200/400NVS"
            NVidia.Nv17GL.3 = "NVIDIA Quadro4 550XGL"
            NVidia.Nv20 = "NVIDIA GeForce3"
            NVidia.Nv20.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200"
            NVidia.Nv20.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 500"
            NVidia.Nv20DCC = "NVIDIA Quadro DCC"
            NVidia.Nv25.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600"
            NVidia.Nv25.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4400"
            NVidia.Nv25.4 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200"
            NVidia.Nv25GL.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro4 900XGL"
            NVidia.Nv25GL.2 = "NVIDIA Quadro4 750XGL"
            NVidia.Nv25GL.4 = "NVIDIA Quadro4 700XGL"
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

I guess Nvidia shouldn't have laid off all of their creative writers after all...

Comment

I wonder what kind of price tag this will carry?

Comment

Probably not more than the Geforce 3 was when it was released ($549.99 Canadain or so). Once video cards start hitting $600 or more before taxes I think that they'll enter the business market...
                  I mean in Canada minimum wage is $8/hour at that it would take 75 hours of work to get that kind of money, and minimum wage jobs don't usaly let you work too many strait hours so it would take weeks or months in reality.

Comment

I posted a couple of links here http://www.tweaktown.com/news.php?nId=1264 to pics but check them out quick before nVidia finds them and has them pulled again. ;)
                    <center> </center>

Comment

Working...
                    X