No announcement yet.

upgrading video card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's interesting...it says the same thing for the R9700Pro, although for the AIW9700 it states the ME driver can be used for Win98/SE - I looked at a couple of the ATi partner sites & they don't list support for 98 in the specs either

....they all have win98 drivers available for download though....

it must be an oversite - I could probably find out at the Rage3D forums, except their site is down right now....

Comment

Originally posted by RDR
      that's interesting...it says the same thing for the R9700Pro, although for the AIW9700 it states the ME driver can be used for Win98/SE - I looked at a couple of the ATi partner sites & they don't list support for 98 in the specs either

....they all have win98 drivers available for download though....

it must be an oversite - I could probably find out at the Rage3D forums, except their site is down right now....
      Thank you all for helping. Here is a question sort of out of topic. The Radeon 9500 pro require a connector from the power supply but I have used up all the connectors except the type of connector for floppy drive. Are there some converters or some kind of connect that can expand some more?

Comment

the rquired power connector is the floppy drive type...but even if it wasn't, all you would need is a Y-adaptor, they go for a couple $$'s at most computer stores

Comment

Gigabyte make no mention at all about what oses are supported and I've put 3 R9K's of their's on SE usin' the latest drivers that ATi has released and they run just fine. :?:

Most half good PC stores can sell ya the required adaptor to power the card. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

thank you again. :D Yup, I did a search on power supply Y-adapter, that thing cost 2$, not sure about shipping plus tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
              Ok I've just done a walkabout and have turned up nothin' concrete yet but I'm almost positive that the A7V8X is both X4 and X8 AGP 3.0 1.5V compliant but someone else may confirm/deny this before I find something concrete myself. ;)

Asus though have had enough time now to get that new format of their website right and start puttin' up some FAQ's for their newer products.
              <center>:cheers:</center>
              You know Wiggo, I downloaded a proggy called AIDA32 and check my system. You mention about that my MOBO is supporting 4x, I think you're right. On the hand, the box that came with this card did say that it is a 8x supported MOBO. Anyways, I got no way to proof that it is 8x. Here is the pix:

Comment

Hi.

I believe I read when AGP 8x came out that there is no standard that supports 1x and 8x.

They're either 2x - 8x or 1x - 4x.

Somone correct me if I am wrong. Pretty please.

Comment

Working...
                X