Help with S3 Pro Savage integrated video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with S3 Pro Savage integrated video

I have a S3 Prosavage 16/32 meg intregrated video on my motherboard. Is there any way to flash this video card to make it run Morrowind III? When I try and play it goes fine for a bit, but then I get to an area that has someting that conflicts with my card and it reboots my comp and makes me restore my desktop. It does it alot with the Creation program too. Can I flash the card or maybe even the bios to allow me to have 64 meg of ram instead of 32? Any help would be appreciated.
    I am running Windows xp home with an Athlon 1.4 board. Its a via chipset if that helps. I tried the 4-in-1 upgrade and now I have a serious error everytime I reboot, I hope its not bad. I am going to try and restore windows and see if it helps.

Thanks

EdwinHansen

ok as far as being to flash the bios its probobly very hard to and very likley impossible as the chipset is intergrated and you would have to get the right flashing utility and and the filmware for the type of card you have and since it is intergrated its a bit different so you would have to find one for the intergrated model... so flashing it would be very difficult. About the ram, you cannot give your card more ram as it is a physical quantity not a software one and the card uses its own ram so if infact it has 32mb then you cannot change that unless you replace the whole motherboard, or get a new better video card and stick it in the agp slot or pci slot so you would not use the onboard one. What you can though do is go into the bios and somewhere in there under the setups you will have a menu called AGP apreture size you can play around with that if you are getting poor preformance ussually a setting of 2x your real Video card ram works not bad but it can cause freezups so if it does you would have to change it back to what ever is on your v/c. About the 4-in-1's you are trying to install... 1st you have to determine if u have a Via chipset on your motherboard there is a utility at www.h-oda.com
    and the program is called WCPUID V3 run it and look under the chipset info and then see what it says under the heading of Host Bridge if it stars with VIA then go install the via 4-in-1 if it starts with something like Intel or any other then NEVER install the 4-in-1s as they can stop your computer from working well windows any way. Hope this helps good luck

Comment

Yes I have looked with a program and I do have the Via chipset and tried to redownload and install it and I still have the errors. I will prolly end up restoring my system. And I dont have that option in my bios. It only allows me to select none/16mg/32mg for video memory, I was just hoping there was some way to get around it to make it give me a 64mg option. It uses my ram for video memory. I know this because my physical ram decreases when I go from 16 to 32 mg. It was the same on my old computer. Thats why I was wondering, if it uses physical memory to run the video, then maybe I could tell it to use 64 mg and I wouldnt have to buy a new card. But I think you are right, I may just have to start saving and get a good card. Thanks for your reply.

Edwin

Comment

No sorry but's that's impossible as the onboard chip was only designed to address a total of 32MB so even if ya could fool it it still would not work. : peace2:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
        X