• Ti 4200 64 MB Problem

This is my Computer (home built):
    AMD Athlon thunderbird 1.4 ghz
    256 SDR Ram
    PNY Verto ti4200 64 ddr Video Card
    Shuttle AK 32 v. 2.1 Motherboard with a VIA KT266 Chipset
    Windows XP
    Bios: Award AK32so36

My problem is that my video card is capable of up to 4x AGP but I can only play games at 1x. Windows XP will run fine at 4x, but as soon as I load up a game, my computer freezes on me and I am forced to go back to BIOS and switch to 1x. I have upgraded the latest 4 in 1 drivers from VIA and I have reinstalled the video drivers but this has not solved my problem. I have spent many hours on the internet trying to figure this out but I have not found anything to correct this problem. Someone please help.

First off check in windows if it is seeing the 4x Agp bus by using WCPUID. I would try to play around with older versions of the 4-in-1's the "latest" is not always the best. Also Win XP does have the 4-in-1s built into it so there was no need to install them again, also you can try different drivers for the card itself perhaps older or newer ones opposed to the ones you have. Also have you tried playing around with the other AGP options such as the AGP multilplier or the read and write options, also what happens when you have the Bus set at 2x agp? you can try all of thease since they may help you out, if you are not getting any kinds of errors its hard to pinpoint the problem. Also what i would do is run some small 3d app for example a 3D plugin in winamp one such as whitecap or any other 3d one, then see what happens... if it freezes in a few mins/secs of running then i would play around with the agp apreture size. hope any of this helps you out

Comment

Here is a website I found regarding this issue. It might just help. I haven't tried it yet b/c I have widows XP. But anyone who trys it and gets good results please let me know. the web site is
      http://www.plasma-online.de/index.ht...x4_nvidia.html . thanx

Comment

Working...
      X