NV40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA's NV40 unchallenged in the power race
    Power to the peopleIt seems each of those connectors will need to be plugged into a separate power rail, and nothing else can be plugged into that rail. OK, they will let you put a fan into it, but anything more is strictly forbidden.

Comment

• Seriously, guys... don't u think TheEnquirer sounds like an NVidia fan? :)

Well, about the news if it's true, then we will surely need a new PSU. That means after spending $500, or more, on the GPU, we'll have to spend around 70-100 on a good PSU, with more power lines. My current Enermax EG-465..... has 1 extra power line (compared to my old generic PSU) and still.... not enough :roll:
      Well, maybe it's worth it, who knows... (and I wonder about the R420's power demand, as 9800XT is the most power-demanding one atm)

Comment

• One of the reviews I read said that you need a 300Watt PSU or higher, depending on what your currently running for hardware. But i'm guessing 350Watts minimum.

Comment

• great...so the sparkle 400W I just bought is useless seeing how i'm planning on upgrading to a NV40 and keeping 3 hard drives....

I need a new hobby :(

Comment

• Surely you can split one rail for both of the connectors. :roll: But it doesnt matter to me anyway becasue Ati is the only way to go.. 8)

Comment

• Geforce 6800 Ultra has 222 million transistors

Comment

• NV40: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra

Comment

• I hope they include a DVI to analog adapter..

Comment

• Originally posted by tacos4me
                    I hope they include a DVI to analog adapter..
                    my first thought as well. one more day till the launch...just take my f'in wallet NVidia!

Comment

• Here's a better picture of NVIDIA's GeForce 6800 Ultra reference card which according to one website will cost $399.

Comment

• Originally posted by tacos4me
                        I hope they include a DVI to analog adapter..
                        Most cards now come with a dvi adapter. I know all ati cards come with it.
                        CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                        Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                        RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                        GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                        PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                        SC: Audigy 2 zs
                        LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                        Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                        Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

• Originally posted by weta
                          .......according to one website will cost $399.

Whoa, sounds too good to be true..... but hey if it's true, I think it's a great marketing strategy by NVidia. I mean, considering ATI's releasing the R420 2 weeks later, or even more than a month later for the XT series (supposedly the faster than NV40 :evil: ), then a lot of enthusiasts will be tempted to buy NV40, instead of waiting for the X800 XT.

But then again, maybe..... :roll:

:)

Comment

• i'll probably buy a NV40...return it in 30 days and get a X800 XT

Comment

• Do they have an exact release date yet...i'm about to build a new computer and would be pretty pissed if I dump $260 on a 5900FX right now and the price plummets two months later :evil:

Comment

• That will always happen...no matter what...i bought my 9800 for 200..then 2 weeks later..it was going for 100..but it was sold out the minute the store open.
                                CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                                Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                                RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                                GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                                PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                                SC: Audigy 2 zs
                                LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                                Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                                Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Working...
                                X