Tv pic doesn't fill screen with vid out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tv pic doesn't fill screen with vid out

I'm running XP with my GEForce2 MX200 and using video out to view dvd on my regular tv. The pic doesn't fill the width of the tube. I have it set as clone in settings( nView) Tried every different setting , but it either sets it up as a separate monitor with wallpaper and no icons or is the same as the comp. mon. When I play a PC game on it, Serious Sam, the picture fills the tv perfectly, leaving no black bars on the sides. I've tried everything in settings. If someone could help please, Thankyou.:hammer:

Most TV's won't display more than 800x600 (a lot only 640x480) so if you have the resolution set to high this will happen so check there 1st. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

The resolution is set at 480 by 640 for tv(2). Still when desktop or DVD is displayed, black spaces are there, yet when game is played, both monitor and tv have their screens filled as they should be. Wanted to be able to use DVD on computer so I wouldn't need a separate player, but it's like watchin a box in a box. Any other suggestions, anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller?Thanks again.

Comment

I've not used the tv-out on my card, but does the "screen adjustment" setting work with tv as well as the monitor? (see pic)

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the replies, but screen adj. only centers pic, moving it in it's entirety. On that screen above, I have it set as clone. I've tried the other settings there as well but they don't help. I really feel like shooting the machine.I can get the tv to display #2 when I click identify, but it only has my wallpaper on it. I've tried dragging the PowerDVD control panel to that side , and the screen that says PowerDVD, but when play is pressed, movie only comes on monitor, OH Baby! Thanks. Happy Standard Time, boy I needed that hour.:zzz:

Comment

hey man, i use a ati all in wonder 128 and i have the same problems. The only resolution it works perfect on is 800x600. If u didnt try 800x600 yet then do so, but im sure u have, anyways...just a thought :D
            : peace2:

Comment

Hello all! After days of trying, I finally got it.Thanks to Wiggo as well. I set the resolution on tv 2 to 640 x 480 and Voila.That didn't work the first time for some reason??Maybe it was in a different spot? Thanks for trying. Hope this helps others too. :thumb:

Comment

I'm glad that ya got it working. :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                X