Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xp video <= 800x600

upgraged my win98 machine to xp.

i can't get my video card above 800x600.

S3 Aurara 64+ video adapter with Dell monitor. running a 233 pent II, 64 mg mem.

what's up with that?

Not to mention being shy of 192MB of memory, XP really isn't a good idea to run on that old PC (most reckon the minimum PII 300MHz 128MB memory but 256MB is much better). Plus I don't think that driver support for that video card is real crash hot in XP at all.
    There are ways to make the system faster by going into the performance properties of My Computer an setting it to the "adjust for best performance".
    My real oppinion would be to put 98 back on it as XP is just too demanding for that setup. :smokin:
    &lt;center&gt;:cheers:&lt;/center&gt;

Comment

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

and do you think an extra 192 mb of memory would help any?

Comment

It would help alot having a least 256MB though it would be even happier with 512MB all up. But definately right click on My Computer, Properties then go to the Advanced tab click on Settings in the Performance section and click the setting, Adjust for best performance, and that should help ya a bit. ;)
          &lt;center&gt;:cheers:&lt;/center&gt;

Comment

ok ..... it more mem for me. I'm going to load this baby up and see what she'll do. I'll ;et you know what kind of performance I get.:wave:

Comment

Keep us informed.

Comment

Working...
              X