Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor old 3dfx.....what ever happened to them???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a site called www.enpc.com that has a brand new 3dfx voodoo5 5500 video card for 99.00!! (It includes power cable and installation software) Would anybody even want it though??
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by webe3
      There is a site called www.enpc.com that has a brand new 3dfx voodoo5 5500 video card for 99.00!! (It includes power cable and installation software) Would anybody even want it though??
      considering that a V5 couldn't keep up to a Gf2GTS 32MB & that GF2Ti 64Mb cards are available for the same price & that new games like UT2003 won't even run on a V5 (I've tried :mad: ) why would you buy one?

Maybe if you wanted it for a museum piece

"the last 3DFX card ever produced" :rolleyes2

Comment

Originally posted by False Christian
        I still use my Voodoo5-5500 for Quake and QuakeII as Quake won't even run on my RADEON 8500 and the Voodoo5's image quality is far better in QuakeII.
        that's odd Q1 and Q2 run fine/look fine on my Radeon8500 - what drivers are you using?

Unreal and UT still run great on Voodoo's - allthough I doubt you'll be seeing anymore Glide games

Comment

Quake won't even run on my RADEON 8500
          Hahahahahahahhaah!

Q1, and Q2 both run great on TNT's !!! Clearly you have some basic driver problems...

Give it up, 3dfx did have some big jumps forward in its earlier days, but the V5 was an afterthought, and it is nothing but crap.

Anyone remember that website that mocked the V5??? the WooHooo 345 !!!???? I still have the html from the Original page, and the MAIN picture of the Woohoo5, but I don't have the ... HAHA I kick ASS, I have more than I thought!!!!!!!

I should ressurect the page, just for fun. I think at the time, 3dfx forced them to take the page down, and i don't know if it ever got back up.

Here it is, in all its Comedic Glory: (in the days of 1024, and before IE had the customizable favorites bar - and I didn't know about F11 yet)

HAHAHAHahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahaha!

Comment

Well, I found it hosted at the creator's current site.... Here it is:

Read everything, its hillarious.

Comment

he!he!he! That was one of the funniest things I have read all day! What a card! "slight case modifications"????? That is like trying to put a Corvette engine in a VW bug!! Over 5,000.00 for shipping??? yeah, right!! Thanks for that great link!! I really enjoyed that! Hey, Zeradul......always wanted to ask you this....who the heck is that guy beside your signature pummeling the crap out of somebody???(What movie is it from??) Just curious......
              Here are my specs:
              System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

Pummeling???
                Not hardly --- he's trying to start his chainsaw.
                zeradul is a true psychopath:laugh:
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
                  Pummeling???
                  Not hardly --- he's trying to start his chainsaw.
                  zeradul is a true psychopath:laugh:

Well if that is somebody starting his chainsaw... he must have an invisible string attached to his hand!! he! he!
                  Here are my specs:

Comment

Its from the movie Office Space!!! A comedy about how a guy goes against the system in his cubical environment, and this particular .GIF is when they were kicking the crap out of the printer in their office that never worked.

Very clever movie.

Comment

For more hilarious photo-copps go to the 8-Way SMP Athlon Board.

And ofcource, the original for the Voodoo takeoff was at Overclockers Australia :)

Comment

Now if I can get a case big enough for that board I could run four of those WooHoo5 34500's. Wonder if I could use them in SLI? :?:
                        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

LOL!

Comment

well who did creative labs just buy out well anyways when they come into the game it should be nuice with four playes in the game

Comment

Working...
                            X