Is this a good video card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good video card?

Everything on the page is what I have only I also have a video out along with the s-video out. Everything runs good that I have, this includes RTCW, jedi outcast and freedom force. As well as quake 3, I paid $185 canadian for it at a local shop and it was the only shop where I could get this card. I only have a problem with RTCW, in 32-bit color it lags some.

$185cdn is at the upper end of what I would ever consider paying for an GF2Ti
    I've seen the Powercolor GF2Ti w/tv out for $158cdn.

Either way it's a decent card for current games- but no hrdwr DX8 support may leave you wanting when DX8 games become the mainstream.

A GF4MX 440 (also no DX8 support) would cost about the same and would run circles around it

A GF3Ti200 would have been the best choice...full DX8 - it would run about $210 - $235 cdn...but their starting to get hard to find in some areas, since they're EOL

Comment

Thanx for the info, the only reason I got it here was support for it locally, I didnt want to have to send it through the mail, wait 4 weeks, get it back fixed and so on. If I get things locally its a lot easier to look after it if anything ever happens to it, thats all.

Comment

I have found most (90%+) of AOpen video cards a pleasure to use, even though they may not be "budget" models. Some of their low-end cards *cough* PA50V *cough* are a right royal pain (and often inadequately cooled), but the GeForce2 Ti should be a sweet card that will serve you well :thumb:
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

hmmm up until i read this i didn't even know aopen made video cards:confused:

ah well it seems i am not all-knowing:D

Comment

Originally posted by chisholm
            hmmm up until i read this i didn't even know aopen made video cards:confused:

Yeah, it's seems so...

Haha, well, atleast you don't have a mac anymore, that's something :D

Comment

but for the price of a GF2Ti200....for a few bucks more it would be worht getting a GF4 Ti4400....That is my opinion

Comment

What a dissapointment:eek:
                How long before the all-knowing dude shows up?
                Has he got a training program available, I'd love to get the video:laugh:
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

lol hmmm well wiggo seems to be pretti much all-knowing:D

lol i still have my trusty imac....altough it pisses me off now:shoot3:

Comment

AOpen makes basically everything (or rebrands them at the very least) except hard drives for computers.

Comment

hmmm do they make/rebrand nic's?:cheers:

Comment

I'd seen something about that when I was going around their site awhile back, so as of a few months ago they had everything but hard drives...I couldn't believe it.

Comment

Here check there site out for all they do supply http://english.aopen.com.tw/ ;)
                          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

PHWAOR

Comment

hmmm do they make/rebrand nic's?:cheers:

Yes they sure do..... using Realtek 8139 chips mainly :)
                              What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Working...
                              X