Whats Better Ati,nvidia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Better Ati,nvidia?

I have always wondered whats better. my first card was nvidia fx 5200 i loved it then i went to an x800 ati i love there setup for their video cards. But my last card was an nvidia 7950 gx2 i have been very dissapointed in the performance it delivers yes maybe its good but it wasnt faster than two 7900gtxs in sli which i had for 1 week till i returned them because of artifact crap. but like i was saying i have two 7950 gx2s does anyone know if this will be the best the cards will deliver or is it still driver issues. I was thinking of switching to ati. My other question is whats the better brand neigther of them seem to dissapoint me.

my rig
    am2 x2 4800+ oc to 2.8
    w gigs corsair
    2 7950 gx2s in sli
    700 watt ocz gamer xtream

Re: Whats Better Ati,nvidia?

Brands don't matter. What is killing your performance is complete lack of drivers that are worth anything. If you can, hang on for awhile and it will get better with time, although I doubt they will even really perform to what people expect of them. If anything, sell one and run one of them for awhile until the new DX-10 cards are out and Vista is available. Quad SLI is more of a gimmick than anything unfortunately. But I must say it has gotten better with each driver revision.

ATI has the best image quality and they are technically the fastest cards available. Either way, what you have rocks. Stay away from benchmarks as they will not show how well those cards perform in games. ALso, geta monitor with the highest possible resolutions and you will also see a major improvement in gaming. Quad SLI is meant for 24"+ LCD High resolution monitors running 1920X1200 or higher. In fact, they really start to shine when using the 30" Dell LCD @ 2560X1600 (I think that is the correct resolution). THe higher the resolution the better for those cards in SLI.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter
      Brands don't matter. What is killing your performance is complete lack of drivers that are worth anything. If you can, hang on for awhile and it will get better with time, although I doubt they will even really perform to what people expect of them. If anything, sell one and run one of them for awhile until the new DX-10 cards are out and Vista is available. Quad SLI is more of a gimmick than anything unfortunately. But I must say it has gotten better with each driver revision.

ATI has the best image quality and they are technically the fastest cards available. Either way, what you have rocks. Stay away from benchmarks as they will not show how well those cards perform in games. ALso, geta monitor with the highest possible resolutions and you will also see a major improvement in gaming. Quad SLI is meant for 24"+ LCD High resolution monitors running 1920X1200 or higher. In fact, they really start to shine when using the 30" Dell LCD @ 2560X1600 (I think that is the correct resolution). THe higher the resolution the better for those cards in SLI.
      I agree about the quad SLI but is it worth getting dx9 cards when dx10 will be available soon? maybe this is a stupid question. thx

Comment

i have them at 1680x1050 my max res on my screen. so i dont know yah benchmarking is low.

Comment

as someone said before,why dont you sell back one of those gx2 cards? there are about three games in the world that support quad sli- eg fear, an i think quake 4. and of course theyl be slower than 7900gtx's, theyre clocked slower.

Comment

Working...
          X