Big graphic error!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big graphic error!

I really need help. It's just the same in allmost all the new games.

Re: Big graphic error!

Sorry for double post, but i forgot to mention(and didn't find any ''EDIT'' button) that i have ATI Radeon 9600.

Comment

I have a 9250 and im surprised it hasnt died, maybe yours is just on its last leg. you might underclock it or get better cooling, it might be the card overheating, maybe your not gettin enuf power to the card, maybe its just broken. Maybe you should give us more info on your computer.

Comment

Is your video board overclocked? This is a common artifact when you've pushed the board too far and it cannot keep up with the data being thrown at it.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

try an older set of drivers, I have had problems with the newer drivers on my best friends 9600Pro. Try the 6.3-6.5's and post back.

Comment

I had that same problem but it was after a while of playing a game. I found out that it was the latest graphic drivers that screwed me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Amd_Lover2004
              try an older set of drivers, I have had problems with the newer drivers on my best friends 9600Pro. Try the 6.3-6.5's and post back.
              I agree . Newer drivers are not always compatible with older cards . An older version may do the trick .
              * i7 920 D0 @ 3.8 - Evga x58 Tri-SLi
              * 2x Samsung 410 slim 250's = RAID0 - Samsung F3 1TB - 18gig Mushkin 1333 - Evga 560 x2-SLi - Corsair 1000HX/CM Cosmos 1010 - Windows 7 Ultimate

* XFi Titanium - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel - Soyo 24" - 42" Samsung B450 Plasma
              * "Random segments of code and ghosts in my machine"
              Heatware

Comment

Sorry, i have been in vacation in Hawaii so i haven't had a chanche to answer.

I recenty tried with Catalyst 5.1 Drivers, and they just maked it all worse!
                it came doubble the errors!

Comment

is your particular card activly cooled, or passivly cooled? touch the heatsink on the card, if its really hot, then you may need some more airflow in your computer. If it is activly cooled clean out the fan and heatsink. Also while you're in there make sure the card is seated properly in it's AGP slot.

Comment

I'll check that, btw zaqwsx did you fix the error by downloading older drivers? In that case witch drivers?

Comment

Sorry for dubbelpost again but i've checked the card, and there where no dust , and it was not so hot, but becouse it was built by HP so i'm not sure if it was the right one.. But i think so.

What drivers should i try then?

Comment

Hi all. I have the exact same problem. Getting these artifatcs in every single game I play. I have a Geforce 7900GT manufactured by Inno3D, which isn't overclocked at all. I have tried everything (cleaning, cooling, other driver versions) to no avail. Furthermore I scanned for artifacts with ATITool, which reported none at all; Tho' when playing a game, they're there for sure. I'm almost at the point, where returning this card seems sensible..
                        BTW, I have also tried underclocking the card to an almost extreme low point...the artifacts don't care much thou'..they're still appearing !

Lastly I can confirm that GPU temps never has exceeded 75 deg.Cel. which, to my knowledge, isn't alarming.
                        Last edited by djulius; 09-10-2006, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by djulius
                          Hi all. I have the exact same problem. Getting these artifatcs in every single game I play. I have a Geforce 7900GT manufactured by Inno3D, which isn't overclocked at all. I have tried everything (cleaning, cooling, other driver versions) to no avail. Furthermore I scanned for artifacts with ATITool, which reported none at all; Tho' when playing a game, they're there for sure. I'm almost at the point, where returning this card seems sensible..
                          BTW, I have also tried underclocking the card to an almost extreme low point...the artifacts don't care much thou'..they're still appearing !

Lastly I can confirm that GPU temps never has exceeded 75 deg.Cel. which, to my knowledge, isn't alarming.
                          I'd be very alarmed at temps getting that high, check to make sure that you havn't broken the contact between the heatsink and the card and that your case has good airflow.

Comment

ok i had the same problem and what i did to fix it was i turn the voltage up in the bios and turned my vcore up 3 volts it works

Comment

Originally posted by wayout44
                              I'd be very alarmed at temps getting that high, check to make sure that you havn't broken the contact between the heatsink and the card and that your case has good airflow.
                              Ok..shows what I know
                              I examined the card, which looks intact and has good contact between the heatsink and the chip. I removed the side of the case and installed a temporary fan (read : LARGE ). No luck with that.
                              Now...I just unplugged my DVD drive, and my external USB HDD, which actually has a positive impact on things. That leaves me with suspicion concerning my PSU (Codegen 400W, 3V/20A, 5V/25A, 12V/16A).
                              Nevertheless, I'm now planning on installing extra fans and perhaps buying a new PSU...

As for changing the voltages in BIOS, I'm stooping a bit. I'm not much for tampering with these, since, with my luck, I'll prolly fry something !

Thanks a whole bunch for taking your time to reply, guys. That leaves hope !

Comment

Working...
                              X