PLEASE HELP! Need 1680x1050 from SIS650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP! Need 1680x1050 from SIS650

Someone in the world must know how (or if it's possible) to make a SIS650 graphics card display 1680x1050 on a Samsung 205BW . I've tried many different drivers to no avail. Also installed Powerstrip but can't figure out how to enable Custom Resolutions feature. Any help would be much appreciated...

Re: PLEASE HELP! Need 1680x1050 from SIS650

Besides the fact that the SiS650 is a very dated chipset, it does not support the resolution you are trying to display. Considering that the last driver update came out in early 2004, it doesn't seem likely that SiS is still supporting this chipset.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: PLEASE HELP! Need 1680x1050 from SIS650

Originally posted by Darthtanion
      Besides the fact that the SiS650 is a very dated chipset, it does not support the resolution you are trying to display. Considering that the last driver update came out in early 2004, it doesn't seem likely that SiS is still supporting this chipset.
      Thanks for the advice. I was told by a couple of people that I may be able to tweak my card to run this res. As I've found out from extensive research (I even found drivers from June 29, 2006 uvga3_375 which got me to 1600x1200) that it doesn't seem to be possible. I guess those guys have never actually done it themselves as they couldn't explain any kind of procedure to do what they claimed. Maybe they just knew a guy. I was looking for a cheap solution (which usually doesn't work out, does it?!)

Anyway, I bit the bullet and shelled out the $120 for a new EVGA e-GeForce 6600LE AGP card. I know there are better cards out there but it serves my purpose well and is working quite well (the hardest I work it is for some FMV but no gaming). My new 20" widescreen now looks fantastic. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X