How to unlock pipelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to unlock pipelines

Sorry to bug u ppl. But i was wondering if u can unlock piplines on a Nvidia PNY Geforce 6600 AGP without damaging the card. I have no clue how many piplenes i have got now. i just want to know how to unlock them and with what program. thx...

Re: How to unlock pipelines

i think all 6600 have 8 pipes and last i checked ther arent any pipes to unlock but if u want to check u can use a program called rivatuner 2.0 here is where u can get it http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

Comment

6600s dont have unlockable pipelines, as they have their own specific GPU, not another card's. for instance, an unlockable one would be the AGP version 6800gs, based on the GT version, which has more pipelines. sorry.

also, only certain card manufacturers get the unlockable chips, so only some can be done. the chips are usually failed higher-spec chips, so yet again, it may not work.

Comment

Originally posted by UK_Karlos
        Sorry to bug u ppl. But i was wondering if u can unlock piplines on a Nvidia PNY Geforce 6600 AGP without damaging the card. I have no clue how many piplenes i have got now. i just want to know how to unlock them and with what program. thx...
        save yourself the headache or frying card with the rare unreverisble pipe mod were all pipes unloked and then stuck with artifacted up unusable card.......get a new card before u mess with pipe mods.watched many freinds been down that cheaping out on a card,thinking,ya i will unlok the pipes and it will be the same as so and so model above.never gonna be the same road,boy did they learn. u get what u paid for.companys loked the pipes because they failed at the factory and your gonna renable them,might get luky for a day\year...still squirlly..like putting a turbo on a 4 cyl chevy malibu to keep up with a malibu 8cyl impala ss.....i dont think so
        Stacker830 Watercooled
        windows7 ultimate 64 bit!!!
        Heatkiller waterblock on intel 2500k @4.5Ghz @1.32volt
        8 gigs Gskill Ripjaw ddr3 2133 @ 1.5 volts
        Swiftech p655 pump,1\2 tygon
        13x120 sunnons on lamptron fc3 controller,
        (2)triple 120mm rads.single raptor 150(reliable)
        biostar TP67XE(this mobo is amazing)
        xfi-xtrememusic,klipsch ultras 5.1/500 watt amp,
        sen hd-595s headphones,logitech stick mic
        co0lermaster-1250 watt real pro powersupply = 99ampz!
        Evga Hydro Gtx 590 on 24"Sony FW-900 at 2304x1440 80 hz = 80 solid fps 16:10 black ops!
        Hi quality CRTS are built for gaming!!!O.L.E.D is the future,not Liquid Crap Displays(lcds)!

Comment

Working...
        X