• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for help selecting 7800GT card

Appreciate any input on these 2 cards:

MSI Geforce 7800GT NX7800GT-VT2D256E

eVGA Geforce 7800GT 256-P2-N515-AX

After rebates (exp 11/30) they both cost the same.

Re: Looking for help selecting 7800GT card

I'd guess they are a horse apeice. Personally, I don't care that much for the EVGA brand but the memory clock speed is just a little higher for some reason with that card. I'm not really sure if that would make any difference or if its a misprint.

Comment

Personaly I would go for the eVGA or BFG. I'm not a big fan of MSI, and deffinatly not Gigabyte now...

Comment

bfg...lifetime warranty....yumm

Comment

Thanks guys,

I read some place all 7800GTs have same overclocking potential, that said, is it true you're better off buying the cheapest card with this chipset and ram?

If so, I may have found even a better deal:

AOpen Aeolus 7800GT-DVD256 Geforce 7800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

For $339 - $50 Rebate = $289 > Appears to be the best deal so far...
          Last edited by hiptech; 11-30-2005, 01:58 PM.

Comment

EVGA has a lifetime warrently too, as does XFX. EVGA's warrenty covers overclocking too, if you kill it in any way other than incidental physical damages they cover and replace it for only the shipping costs. I know BFG does not cover overclocking, I am not to sure about XFX either, but eVGA is my next card for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Amd_Lover2004
              EVGA has a lifetime warrently too, as does XFX. EVGA's warrenty covers overclocking too, if you kill it in any way other than incidental physical damages they cover and replace it for only the shipping costs. I know BFG does not cover overclocking, I am not to sure about XFX either, but eVGA is my next card for sure.
              Thanks for the heads up, I did some checking with EVGA and found their lifetime warranty doesn't cover their "older" products.

"For our retail Graphics Card and Mainboard products purchased on or after June 22, 2005, EVGA will provide a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser of each retail product that the product will not suffer, in material or workmanship, from any defect that adversely affects the performance of the product."

But watch out for deals where the last two digits of the model number don't end in AX, DX or FX as these are still under their old limited warranty.

You know this when resellers such as Egghead or ZipZoomFly runs a sale and state:
              Non-refundable. Exchange for defective units only.

Check model numbers and if the last two letters are missing, they are probably old stock and have bigger discounts but short warranties.

Comment

Anandtech rates the XFX7800 gtx very high as well and might be a consideration..

Comment

I meant to say the xfx 7800 gt.....in your price range

Comment

Working...
                  X