6600 GT Performance Problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6600 GT Performance Problems!

Help! I just installed a new 6600GT 128mb, and I'm having all sorts of performance problems. I scored a 1579 on 3d mark compared with others with similar (or worse) setups scoring 3800 or so.

My computer ain't great, but it should be able to run BF2 or HL2 w/o lagging like crazy.

Athlon XP 2700+
    1.5 gigs of pc3200 ram (1 gig is running dual channel)
    6600gt (obviously)

When I first installed the card, I was having massive errors anytime I tried to play a video file, processor usage would jump to 100%. Well, I read some forums and everyone else with that problem just changed drivers. So thats what I did, but game performance is still sucking! Anyone have any ideas?

Re: 6600 GT Performance Problems!

Download, run, and post a log of HijackThis, which is linked in my signature. It will tell me if your problem isn't just a massive amount of background programs.

Comment

Well, that is what the problem could be. So on a hunch I reformatted. Now I really have nothing running, and I'm still only scoring 3400 compared with others with the same setups and less memory scoring between 3800 and 4000. WTF?

Comment

You went from 1579 to 3400 and you're still complaining? Besides, 400-600 points isn't worth fussing over. I really doubt you're comparing to setups that are similar enough to be complaining. Almost no one has a 6600GT with a 2700 and 1.5GBs of RAM. If someone had a 3200 and 512MB of RAM, they'd be scoring higher, but performing worse in some games (especially Battlefield 2). When it comes down to it, 3DMark is a synthetic benchmark and therefore doesn't accurately represent actual games. Unless you still have crappy performance in BF2, there's nothing to worry about.

Comment

Im also having some trouble with my 6600gt 256 pcie

im running a pentium D
          2gb ddr2
          on an d955 mobo

sometimes when playing BF2 (battlefield 2) my screen goes wierd, and seems only to happen on either half of the scrren at a time.
          Please help, my guess is it is some sort of software problem as it only seems to be this game, i have attached a couple of screenshots.
          Thanks in advance :)
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X