notebook graphics card upgrade help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• notebook graphics card upgrade help

I am a serious gamer who decided to go mobile on a zx5000us hp pavillion notebook a ways back in time. The notebook does play games but is not as good at playing the newer and more complex games therefore limiting my entertainment as far as newer games go. I searched the internet for a while and what most websites told was to upgrade my graphics card, is that even possible? Well anyway i was just wondering if you guys in the tweaktown forums could tell me if it is possible to upgrade my graphics card, what kinds of graphics cards a worth their money, etc.

hp pavillion zx5180us
    80gig (4200rpm) hard drive
    1280mb ram 333Mhz
    radeon mobility 9200 64mb
    p4 3.0Ghz processor
    winxp home
    dvd+r/rw cd-r/rw drive speed?

Re: notebook graphics card upgrade help

You can't upgrade the video card on notebooks (with the exception of some Alienware notebooks).

Comment

Re: notebook graphics card upgrade help

Video cards seem to be the biggest bottleneck on most of todays laptops, I'm guessing they stick a cheap onboard video card in laptops to save on battery usage and to cut cost.

I wish a person could upgrade video cards in all laptops. I'm sure it would make mobil video gaming very popular and maybe even make the desktop P.C. obsolete.

Comment

Working...
      X