Fx 5500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fx 5500

i put together a new computer and was waiting to get a video card because i was using my old nvidia ti500 which worked very well for years. anyhow, i saw a great deal for a fx5500 256mb so i got it. put it in, and just to be safe(im running the universal nvidia drivers) i reinstalled the drivers after the problem showed itself. all my games now are running worse than they did befor(lower framerates, they crash, and have grafic lag). and all the videos i try and run in Windows media player are faded and really bright. i have the newest version of all my drivers and wmp.

i have 1gig of pc3200 duel channel, intel P4 3ghz 800mhz fsb
    Last edited by meepins; 07-16-2005, 06:42 AM.

Re: Fx 5500

For the video brightness, try messing around with the overlay colors. I forgot what i did exactly to my friends computer but thats where the faded color problem lays. I can't help you on the other problem sorry.
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

What operating system are you using? Some of the Win9x systems really needed you to remove the old driver before installing a newer one as residual files would mess things up.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

its just xp sp2. they arent newer drivers. i just reinstalled the universal nvidia drivers from their website.

edit: it isnt my power supply either. i have a 450watt and its only running one harddrive
        Last edited by meepins; 07-16-2005, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Try resitting the card on the slot, remove the old driver/s and reboot and install new driver. I have no problem with my Inno3D 5500. Cheers

Comment

ok, igot it to work. uninstalled the drivers, rebooted to safe mode, ran a driver cleaner, rebooted again to safemode(dunno if that was nesisary)loaded nvidias beta drivers(i tryed with the windows certified ones and it still ****ed up) and it works great now.

on a side note. in world of warcraft it lagged really really bad even after i got it working, so i was messing around with the settings and the vert sinc madde it really laggy while it didnt do anything with my TI500. i cant tell a difference with the grafics or anyhting so i dont care, im just curious what vert sinc does and why it would make me lag so bad on a newer card and not my ti500.

Comment

with vsync enabled it locks the frame rate to that of the refresh rate.

Comment

Working...
              X