• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems. A_Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver

A7N8X2.0 VER 1002 CMOS
    CPU = 3200XP
    CORSAIR = XMS 3200XLPRO
    NEW VIDEO CARD BECAUSE THOUGHT OLD VIDEO CARD DEVICE DRIVERS WERE CAUSING PROBLEMS OR VIDEO HARDWARE
    As a result i upgraded to a more upto date card. thought my system, was designed for this type of agp 8x card the xfxforce 6600gt 256mb card.

I just started getting this error. A_Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver and my system rebooting or shutting down. can be at any given time. i can't pinpoint it to certain apps that i run or anything i run at all its like random. its just got whole lot worse. so i was running my system at 2.2ghz and optimal settings for 11.5 multiplier but i had to drop that and resort to clearing cmos ram and setup defaults. now i was allowed to start windows normally. windows booted and just as u see explorer loading ...BAM shutdown and reboot. then the first thing that loaded were Microsoft Error reports. they told me crap about what was going on. until i reset bios to default and started windows normally. now i get this A_Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver again. i just recently had an error report about a module or something to do with shockwave player. so i uninstalled shockwave player an don't get that anymore. i managed to trace some FAULT BUCKET errors or fault module. couple of them and then at later time after another reboot or something there was another fault module which pointed to audigy... something. Now this is a new video card and factory 66.81 drivers for this xfxforce card.

Re: Problems. A_Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver

Now before i installed this new video card. i had my old ti 4600 asus in. an i got same error. with the old card had this error at windows xp setup screen.
    this is a fresh xp sp1 installation and before i did anything at all i installed my factory nforce2 mobo chipset drivers. also i did every windows security update, then service pack 2. and all its updates and including .net etc.... i did however install my audigy zs soundcard before any updates , infact after i installed my nforce2 mobo chipset drivers. HOW CAN I STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING. I DON'T WANT MY SYSTEM TO REBOOT. i just got some blue screens after some of these later reboots, but i couldn't catch the info. is there anyone who can shed one bit of light on this subject for me? im stumped?

Comment

Not sure what is causing your problems, but to stop the automatic reboots do this:

Control Panel --> System --> Advanced --> Startup & Recovery
      Once here make sure the check box labeled "Automatically restart" is unchecked. At least this way you should get a BSOD or critical error message that can give you some clues as to where to begin your search.

I would normally just recommend scrapping the surrent install and start fresh but if you've already done that I'll ask if you have used this particular install routine successfully beforehand. It really sounds like a botched install of the OS.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

from 10:40:39 to 10:42:09 i got a load of application errors in event viewer. at 10:40:42 i got a drwatson alert saying this

The application, C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 07/15/2005 @ 10:40:42.609 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 02C53A68 (CTSUEng!CCTGlobalMemObj__operator=)
        The application error event ids are 1000 and 1001. drwatson event id is 4097. This is no botched install. This was a clean format and install of XP SP1. I installed the factory A7N8X2.0 mobo driver and then my creative audigy 2 zs sound card. then i proceeded with the updates, of which sp1 security updates completed. Then ran windows update again to install SP2 and it's updates + the microsoft.net update and hotfix last night. There was no previous compatible video card driver detected in windows. so i installed the factory drivers, 6681 for my new 6600GT. Its strange, i seemed to have these errors when my cmos hardware settings... CPU was set to 200mhz
        menu
        11:5
        user defined
        optimal
        100%
        200mhz
        aggressive.
        the pc would boot to windows, load explorer, restart. or at any given time. it was ok for 2-3mins then when i loaded system information it shut down. or when i just started surfing the net. at this current time i haven't had any error reports again or any rebooting or shutting down. but this was due to the last problem of it rebooting when i had to power down switch off power supply and power back on, reset cmos to defaults and then power on. no restart this time but this time i have an error report which tells me that A_thread_Stuck_In_device_Driver error. and no solution except that some kind of virtual device driver or bad NVIDIA forceware or video hardware is causing the problem and microsoft only provide a workaround solution, or that, or to decrease the hardware acceleration. This is weird. Just at this moment now i have done my soundcard updates for audigy drivers and rest of the creative apps. this problem has not re occured since, but i am curious to see what may happen if i proceed to change my cmos cpu setting to 200mhz so i can run my 3200 at 2.2ghz again. i don't wanna run at 1.09ghz!!
        Last edited by jamie_horwood; 07-14-2005, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Could it even be a bad memory error or bad cmos bin file still. for reasons earlier my network manager flashed it back to the original factory 1002 bios that comes with pcb ver 2.0 which is my version!

Comment

You say it automatically reflashed the BIOS back to factory? That shouldn't happen even if the board has a dual BIOS setup.

With regards to the memory, try installing the modules in a system you know is good and run Memtest86 on it. If you find one of Yawg's posts you can grab the link from his sig.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Working...
            X