9600xt monitor shutoff problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9600xt monitor shutoff problems

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

I can not for the life of me figure this one out!

Asus a8v
    amd 64bit 3200
    ati radeon 9600xt
    Windows XP Home SP2

I should start by saying that I downloaded the catalyst control center from ati.com and loaded the latest drivers from there. However, after, thats when the problem started. Whenever I try to open anything my monitor magically shuts itself off but my computer stays on. When I turn my moniter back on it shows that I dont have a signal for like 3 seconds and then BOOM, my computer restarts itself.

I found a slight fix to the problem...I removed the catalyst contol center from my computer and removed the video card drivers. I then grabbed the CD that came with my 9600xt to load the drivers off of it (they are very old drivers). As old as the drivers are, they fixed the monitor shutdown problems. However I recently bought Battlefield 2 (direct X 9.0c) and I just knew it was going to be "buggy" due to the fact that my drivers are so old.

I want to play this game but Im kind of in a pickle here. I need to update the drivers but I know what problems this causes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-A. Isakson

Re: 9600xt monitor shutoff problems

Simple: Just update the drivers without the Control Center. The latest Catalysts still allow you to install the Control Panel rather than the Control Center. I wouldn't be suprised if BF:2 won't even run on the drivers it came with.

Comment

Working...
    X