Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus V7700 Series/resource conflict.

06/14/05

I sure need some help. I recently upgraded my graphics card and installed the old one in my wife's computer. The old card is Asus V7700 Deluxe GeForce2gts, I wanted to retain the video capture capability that my new card didn't have. Wife's machine is bare bones as listed below and was using onboard graphics. Made the switch several months ago and thought it was working fine (as fine as you can see writing a letter now and then and checking e-mail)

I had some time and decided to try to transfer some tapes from an analog video camera and couldn't get the computer to recognize the camera and found that the card apparently has problems. Device manager indicates that it can't find enough resources to operate the card. I've tried replacing the ASUS display drivers and the nVidea display driversand looking for capture drivers. Nothing will remove the yellow ! from the Display Adapter in the hardware list.

Does anyone have a thought?
    Graphics card ASUS V7700 Series
    OS = Win XP, SP2

Re: Asus V7700 Series/resource conflict.

Did you uninstall the drivers for the onboard video and disable it in device manager? Have you adjusted your bios settings to use the new card instead of the onboard? If the above items have been done then try deleting all video drivers and reinstalling just the new one.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Re: Asus V7700 Series/resource conflict.

Thanks for your interest, a few days of installing and uninstalling drivers and whatever have finally cleaned up the graphics card, almost everything works. A saved info file from dxdiag is attached. The card has worked fine with nVidia drivers (I used them in my machine while playing games etc.) and they have worked ok in this machine. The Asus drivers are in there now 'cause that's what was there when the device manager cleared up.

Now the only problem (wouldn't you know it) is that the Video Capture won't work. In device manager under Sound, Video and Game Controllers, the NVidia WDM Video Capture (Universal) has a yellow ! and the properties box indicates that "This device cannot start (Code 10).

It almost appears to be a hardware problem, but I've found that 9 times out of 10 it's software that causes things not to work.

I appreciate your help.

JIm
      <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X