XFX 6800GT power cord required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XFX 6800GT power cord required?

I am purchasing an XFX 6800GT retail video card. Can anyone tell me if I need to purchase a Molex to PCI-E power adaptor cord, or is the cord included in the box.

Re: XFX 6800GT power cord required?

Its possable that it will not be included, but I wasent even sure there was such a thing... I guess I'm just used to them being on the PSU.

If there is such a thing(which would make sence) it wont be hard to find one if it is not included.

And have fun with that Video card when it arrives ;)

Comment

Re: XFX 6800GT power cord required?

Some of the newer cards for the AGP slot need the extra power because the AGP slot provides a maximum of 45 watts. The PCI-E slot was designed to provide up to 75 watts. If the card needs a power connector, and it is non-standard (now rare), it will be included in the box. If there's a connector on the card for a molex plug (most likely, if needed), just connect a spare from your PSU and preferably from a wire line that is not shared with HD and CD/DVD drives.

Note that you will need a decent PSU that can supply at least 350 watts. Most of those cheap no-name brands can be de-rated by 10% because of their number fudging. An Antec Tru-Power 350 is a good start.

Comment

Working...
      X