Tweak Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweak Central

Im looking for a good program to Tweak every aspect outta my 6800gt, any suggestions and what should i change...

Re: Tweak Central

No one knows any good tweak programs?

Comment

You might check out www.guru3d.com for any number of tweaking programs and utilities. There are several to choose from and most are very good. One of the better ones is called PowerStrip, but it is a shareware with a time limit imbedded in the trial utility. It costs after that, so I generally use other programs for playing with video card settings. I've had very good luck with Rage3D, but I use ATI boards and not nVidia based ones so I can't say how well it would work with yours.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

i tried that riva tuner wasnt too good.. im looking for a program that will overclock my card to the best performance yet most stable.

Comment

I have seen that Riva Tuner is a very good utility as well. My opinion is you would have to read alot, in order to tweak your card and get it going top knotch to your likings. Other than that, do the Registry hack for Coolbits and just do basic overclocking, you can only squeeze so much out. Plus that card should do fine stock, unless you have it bottleknecked by the cpu or something.

Search Coolbits on Google, you'll be able to go from there. Enjoi
          Last edited by Synchro; 05-04-2005, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by versaceSTL
            i tried that riva tuner wasnt too good.. im looking for a program that will overclock my card to the best performance yet most stable.
            You obviously didn't read all the help files, RivaTuner is one of the best programs around to soft mod video cards. Did you manage to unlock your extra 4 pipelines (not knowing the brand of your card i am assuming here that this is available to you, which should allow you to reach ultra settings around 400/1100) Coolbits also works for soft modding, if you are as hard core as you make out volt mod your card. though this option should not be attempted by beginners, then there is bios flash etc

Good luck and bear in mind ocing voids warranty in most cases.

Edit: what drivers are you running ??? have you tried adjusting your core/clock speeds with the Nvidia control panel??
            Last edited by ANZAC_ELITE; 05-04-2005, 05:37 PM. Reason: another idea
            E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

The cars is eVGA 6800gt, im using the latest drivers from nvidia.com... i did manage to get it to 1100/400, it seems kinda choppy when i run 3dmark05 with those settings though.. 4 extra pipelines? How might i go about unlocking those?

Comment

Working...
              X