Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6600GT or full upgrade?

Hey all -

New to the forums and looking for some help from the experts out there.

My system:
    P4 2.0 GHZ
    1 GB RAM
    Soundblaster Audigy
    GeForce Ti4200

I mainly play Forgotten Hope (mod for BF1942) and my frames per second are pretty low (17-30) on medium settings. And, I'm looking ahead to BF2 (if it ever releases ;)

I've been looking at the 6600GT (AGP). I realize that I won't leverage 100% of the card since my comp is a bit behind the times, but will I notice a significant performance improvement over the ti4200? I'm trying to delay my full rebuild for another year if possible.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated... thanks in advance!

Re: 6600GT or full upgrade?

6600gt is a good card for the price you will definatly get better performance than the ti4200

Comment

Re: 6600GT or full upgrade?

The 6600GT will give you huge performance and won't be held back by the CPU too much. That said, I probably wouldn't get one in the hopes of putting off an upgrade. A year from now you'd want to go for a PCI-E system which means the AGP card would become useless, not to mention that that card will probably be considered low-end in a year. But, if you want performance now and a card that will still be usefull in a year, the 6600GT is still a great choice.

Comment

Working...
      X