Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EVGA FX5700 Ultra Vs. ATI Radeon 9800 (Non-pro)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVGA FX5700 Ultra Vs. ATI Radeon 9800 (Non-pro)

I'm selling one of these video cards with an old system of mine and keeping one of them for my 3rd system hand-me-down. I'm thinking the ATI Radeon 9800 non-pro is a little bit faster but I'm not sure if the EVGA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra video card has overclocking potential over the ATI card. If I remember right, it seems that my ATI Radeon 9800 card has very little overclocking potential becuase of the Ram quality on it. Both cards seem to play all video games easily at defualt settings and most at higher settings but choke at some even higher settings and highest settings on some games. The EVGA card has an Awsome cooling fan on it compared to the cheap little chipset fan the ATI card came with so I'm kinda wondering if EVGA put that nice cooling fan on there for a reason, like overclocking. What one would you guys keep between the 2 of them if you had to keep one?

Re: EVGA FX5700 Ultra Vs. ATI Radeon 9800 (Non-pro)

The radeon 9800. Mainly because it offers better overall performance (8x1, 256bit, DX9). The 5700 is only 4x1, 128bit and has poor DX9 performance.

Comment

Don't go for any nVidia not from the GeForce 6 series. ATI will beat nVidia in all the lower price ranges with the 9000 series, without exception (actually, PCI-E is an exception, but that's a different market entirely). Get rid of the 5700.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
        Don't go for any nVidia not from the GeForce 6 series. ATI will beat nVidia in all the lower price ranges with the 9000 series, without exception (actually, PCI-E is an exception, but that's a different market entirely). Get rid of the 5700.

I know both cards are very old and when that generation of ATI cards first came out the drivers seemed very buggy with some of the MANY games I store on my systems, big improvements since then but at that point and time I went with a GeForce card as an alternative to ATI's buggy drivers, and was able to run some of those games that the ATI cards early drivers crapped out on. I haven't had a need to update much until now. Ditched my ATI radeon 9500 pro instaed of that Geforce card in the last system I sold but comparing prices it seems the Geforce 5700 Ultra card is actually selling for more than an ATI Radeon 9800 right now. Could be becuase there were less made and I don't beleive either card are made anymore, don't know forsure, but anyway I'm getting rid of the Geforce card this time around. Thanks for the advice guys....

Comment

Working...
        X