OpenGL problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL problem.

I know i have a bad card, but im low on cash. (please do not reply to this thred if your going to tell that my card is crap, go buy a new one.)

K i have a Asus Radeon 7000 64MB DDR.

Im trying to play Counter-Strike in OpenGL, but it will only let me play in Software. the problem i get when i try to change it is this.

I tryed dling the latest drivers but it didn't work either.

I contacted the place were i bought it, and they said i needed all the Win XP sevirce pack 2, i have talked to a few people and they said that that can not be true. and that they dont even have that on theer comp, cause it ****ed it up.

can anyone help?

Re: OpenGL problem.

Originally posted by Xero
    Im trying to play Counter-Strike in OpenGL
    Why? What about Direct3D?

Comment

I tryed that.

The game closes out opens back up, then all i get is a black screen. i can like move my mouse over the buttons and here them click, but all i get is a black screen.

Comment

Other system Specs?

Comment

What drivers are you using?

Comment

Other system Specs?
            ahh its pretty basic:

AMD Atlhon Xp 2600+
            256MB DDR RAM

....not sure the exact modle of my mother bored. but this stuff was recently purchased.

What drivers are you using?
            I had that Catalyst thing downloaded, but there was something that kept comming up about a VPU recovery thing. my firend told me to turn it off, so i did but when i tryed to use openGL it would work for like 1 min then frezz up, and i would have to retart the comp.

so now I just have the drivers that came with it.

Comment

Sounds like some sort of driver problem.
              Possably something accual wrong with your Video card.
              The 5.* cats are out try those...

Comment

Ya i brought it back thinking that there was somthing worng with the card, but they had my comp for three days, and then they told me that i need WIN XP Sev. pack 2.
                but ive been told by many people that thats BS.

I tryed the Cats 5.1 it ran in openGL for id say about 1/2 hour then just froze up.

and as for running D3D with that. it just gets to "****chy" and then closes out.

Comment

Do you meet minimum specs? I know you're tight on cash, but I can get a Radeon 7000 for free these days......

Comment

Originally posted by joedemagio
                    Do you meet minimum specs? I know you're tight on cash, but I can get a Radeon 7000 for free these days......
                    can you read?

go read my first post, it cleary says (please do not reply to this thred if your going to tell that my card is crap, go buy a new one.)

anyway, can anyone else help me?

Comment

1/. It seems to me you are trying to do something your card is not capable of supporting.

2/. you also seem to be short on facts ...quote "I had that Catalyst thing downloaded," unquote and you failed to answer joe's question what are the minimum specs for Counterstrike with regard to gfx cards

If your card is under the spec of course it wont run the game.

p.s. your spelling needs work too lmao
                      E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Counter-Strike is based on the Quake II engine; a Radeon 7000 is well over the minimum specs. In fact, You can play Half-Life 2/CS:S on it, though it'll run in DX7 mode and look a lot like Half-Life/CS.

Anyway, if it ran for thirty minutes with the latest Catalysts and then failed, I'd say something other than video card drivers is your problem. Bad drivers won't cause it to stop working after half an hour. Sounds like just a bug in CS itself, as the game is very prone to crashing, especially with the older versions.

Comment

1/.It seems to me you are trying to do something your card is not capable of supporting.
                          please explain to me what your trying to say. cause im kinda lost. CS requires a 4MB video card. so im wondring why a 64 MB cant support it but a 4MB can?

2/. you also seem to be short on facts ...quote "I had that Catalyst thing downloaded," unquote and you failed to answer joe's question what are the minimum specs for Counterstrike with regard to gfx cards
                          - well I had the newest version, 5.1 i belive it is.

- and as for joe.

System Requirements
                          <!-- Invalid object reference game.platform.name
                          -->
                          Minimum PC Requirements:
                          Anyway, if it ran for thirty minutes with the latest Catalysts and then failed, I'd say something other than video card drivers is your problem. Bad drivers won't cause it to stop working after half an hour. Sounds like just a bug in CS itself, as the game is very prone to crashing, especially with the older versions.
                          ahhh ok. thanks for the input.

I was acuatly thinking about buying Source, but i wasent sure if the card would work.

I mabay it could just be a bug in the old version. i may buy it.

If anyone else has anything to say, please fell free to do so.

Comment

If you don't mine turning the graphics settings way down, you could go and buy HL2/CS:S. Not only is CS:S better anyway (in [i]many[i] more ways than graphically), but buying them entitles you to Valve's entire back-catalog, meaning CS 1.6, 1.5 (if you don't want to use Steam, online CS 1.5 play was still supported and common last time I checked), and CS:CZ. I can't guarantee that will fix the crashing, but if it doesn't occur in CS:S then we know for sure it's just a CS problem and you wouldn't care at that point, anyway (like I said, Source is much better in many ways).

Comment

Working...
                            X