X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions on ATI Cards in General

Originally posted by BigSexy396
    You can use the wonderful ATI Tool.

Which you can get here and learn about here too.
    ATITool is an overclocking utility designed for ATI and NVIDIA video cards.

You'll also need to install something called "softmodded" drivers for your card that allows you to overclock it.
    You can get it here http://www.techpowerup.com/softmod/downloads.php
    whoa!! hold up... I never heard of softmod drivers.. wait I have but, I never knew you needed them to OC. Do you? I have the reg cat. 4.12 installed and I either use ATI Tool or RadLink to OC it. Do I have to get the softmod?

(Post above this)

I think that will tell you eerything you need to know bout when to upgrade
    Last edited by jd53887; 01-04-2005, 02:25 AM.

Comment

i dont even thing my graphics card can go the the 450 mhz speed without failing.

Comment

Comment

You don't need softmodded drivers to overclock. They're only necessary for 900, 9200 and 9550/9600 series cards, which are locked by default. All other cards should overclock with any working utility (ATITool is best IMO) and the normal Catalysts from ATI or Omega drivers.

Comment

hey, in response to the original post, try www.buyxg.com
            it's a company i found through pricewatch.com and they had a powercolor radeon 9800pro for 159 bucks. that's what i bought. now, i'm recommending them as a low price place, not necessarilty the powercolor. i mean, it worked great... until it died. which was not total loss for me, because i called htem up and got a RMA number (1 year warranty i think) and sent it in. i just put it in the mail last thursday or friday, so we'll see how fast they get it fixed and send it back. good customer service so far IMO.

i'm still a newegg fan though.

Comment

I looked on that site and they said it was $180, but thats still a great price! Thanks for the site!

Comment

why the hell would anyone buy a 9800 pro instead of a 6600 GT??? The 6600GT is so much faster, and supports Shader model 3. If you dont know this, then look it up on google.

Comment

Working...
                X