NVidia QuadroFX1000 vs. Sapphire 9600XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVidia QuadroFX1000 vs. Sapphire 9600XT

Ok, I'm moving the question here, from the motherboards (was an additional question that fits here better then in MoBo section), because I wanted to see what people in the vid section think about it.

If I had to pick one of the cards, price not an issue, for gaming, which would it be.

Nvidia QuadroFX1000 128mb

Or

Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 128

I personally am leaning towards taking the 9600XT and selling the QuadroFX, but wants to get some second opinions before I do this.

Thanks for the heads up, everyone does an excellent job handling the non-stop stream of question from n00bs like me.

Derrek

Re: NVidia QuadroFX1000 vs. Sapphire 9600XT

Originally posted by phoenixone
    If I had to pick one of the cards, price not an issue, for gaming, which would it be.

Nvidia QuadroFX1000 128mb
    Or
    Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 128

Thanks for the heads up, everyone does an excellent job handling the non-stop stream of question from n00bs like me.

Derrek
    The 9600XT for sure...

And thats what forums like this are here for

Comment

The Quadro board is designed for CAD graphics workstations and does not do that well in a gaming environment. If money is not an issue, take a look at either the nVidia based 6800 Ultra or the ATi based X800XT series boards. They are costly, but their performance is excellent and they are made for gaming.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

he he. The quadro is used by video editors and etc for obvious reasons. It's very good at what it does. It's video game performance is sub par mainly because it wasn't designed to work with things like pixel shader 2.0 and etc.

out of those 2 cards get the 9600 XT.

However, you say money isn't an issue. What kind of money range are you looking at? If you need something good for games i wouldn't suggest anything lower than a NVIDIA 5700 ultra or 9800 256 bit.

The best would of course be the NVIDIA 6800 ultra or the ATI x800 (these are expensive)

Comment

No one even mentions the 6600gt..!

6600gt, for the same price as the 9800 pro, does alot more.

Comment

Mainly because of the "price not an issue" comment from the original post. If money isn't a concern, getting a 6600 series video board doesn't make a lot of sense.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Thanks for all the comments for sure!

The reason I said money is not an issue is because I currently have both cards, the 9600 XT and the FX1k.

I bought a new 6600Gt and wanted to know which to keep, the FX1k or the 9600XT.

I now know which to go with and which to sell. I know I will get some good cash from the FX1k, enough to cover the cost of the 6600GT.

However, once I get the 6600GT, I think I will feel the 9600XT is subpar and I'll want to upgrade it also! Bleh, crap technology, making us spend our hard earned cash 'o' la.

Comment

ya you could probably get like 100 bucks for your 9600 XT for sure. more for that quadro!

Comment

Working...
                X