"non-name brand" 6800 Ultras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "non-name brand" 6800 Ultras?

The holidays are upon us, and I'm looking for the creme de la creme of video cards. Ive been searching for quite some time and have not been able to find a so-called brand name 6800 Ultra w/ 256mb, which I hear offers the best performance to date. When I say name brand, I mean like Asus, Sapphire(or are they only ATI?) or by Nvidia themselves. However, in my searches, I have come across these new, or at least new to me, brand names. Granted I am an ATI customer by tradition, I have never heard of eVGA, BFG, PNY, XFX, Leadtek, or MANY others. I have no idea if these are good names in the nVidia world. So would anyone be so kind as to steer me in the right direction for a good 6800 ultra manufacturer with reliable support and a location of said card? Forgive me, but it is just that I'm new to nVidia, and dont know where to start.
    Thanks!

Re: "non-name brand" 6800 Ultras?

eVGA and leadtek are both good names in video cards, though I have had some bad past experiances with leadtek, I think it was the retailer company that skrewed up the cards...
    So I am going to get one of the 6800(possably) cards by leadtek and give them another chance.

I would choose leadtek over eVGA but thats me... There are also sapphire adn Asus cards I believe, just rarer I think...

They are by no account "No name cards"

Comment

Asus and Sapphire aren't rare, but I wouldn't touch the ASUS 6800s and Sapphire is only ATI.

Leadtek is probably the best for someone sticking with stock coolind, but performance simply won't differ from brand to brand if the speeds are the same. Overclockability is another, and that's where the Leadtek seems to be good.

I recommend eVGA 6800s because they're good cards with prices about the same as other equivelents and also come with good games in the retail packages, particularly FarCry and Doom 3.

Comment

Originally posted by teimu
        However, in my searches, I have come across these new, or at least new to me, brand names. Granted I am an ATI customer by tradition, I have never heard of eVGA, BFG, PNY, XFX, Leadtek, or MANY others.
        You havn't been let out of the house much have you?

Comment

^lol (I bet he HAS been out of the house much :)), XFX BFG PNY and eVGA are all well known, I know BFG and PNY make good cards from reviews etc.
          Case: Thermaltake Xaser III // Power Supply: Thermaltake Butterfly 480w // Motherboard: Chaintech 9CJS Zenith // Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 C // Heatsink: Vantec Aeroflow // Video Card: Asus 9600 XT // Harddrive: Western Digital Raptor 36.7 GB // DVD Burner: Pioneer DVR-A06 // Soundcard: Audigy 2 // Speakers: Logitech Z-680's

Comment

PNY's and BFG's tend to be my favs for NVIDIA. i suggest those!

Comment

Working...
            X