Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merge 2 Graphic Cards

Hello,
    I dont think this is possible but i heard it was....
    I heard there was software out there that will allow me to use my Onboard 64MB video card and my 8X AGP 128 MB video card.. is this possible.
    if so whats the name of the software that can do it.

thanks,
    Drew

Re: Merge 2 Graphic Cards

All onboard video that I know of automatically disables once a video card is installed (there maybe an exception to the rule out there but I havn't heard or seen of it) and I can't see any software being of use as the mainboard BIOS has control of this but why do you want to do this?

Comment

The only motherboards that look to be able to run both on-board video and an external video card is ATi's Radeon XPress 200 chipset.

The other thing I can think of is that a few nForce 2 motherboards had a DVI adapter that fit into the AGP slot which worked with nForce 2 IGP setups, but it was just an adapter.

Otherwise, I'm with wayout.

Comment

I also have never run into I board that will do that although there are dual vga boards that you can buy... Though I would think it's not as good as it seems.

Comment

Alienware developed a PC mobo that has 2 vid cards. One to control top half of the monitor, the other to control the bottom half. Hence, twice the speed (ok maybe not twice, but you wont find better performace, anywhere). I've only ever heard of Alienware doing this though.

Comment

The one that sticks in my mind was an Epox one like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider-One
              Alienware developed a PC mobo that has 2 vid cards. One to control top half of the monitor, the other to control the bottom half. Hence, twice the speed (ok maybe not twice, but you wont find better performace, anywhere). I've only ever heard of Alienware doing this though.
              That specific solution was an exclusive Alienware, but with the new nForce 4 SLI boards around the corner, it's not like that any longer. Of course, The Alienware one was a dual Xeon setup with 2 PCIe 16x (physically) slots.

For the record this was a combination of hardware AND software. Unless cgishack has a mobo with 2 PCIe 16x slots on it, doing this won't be easy. Plus, from the info I've seen there's still some work to be done to get it totally up to tasks.

Comment

Working...
              X