Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for your opinion on my New System.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm looking for your opinion on my New System.

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
    If you can get an MSI K8N Neo Platinum 2 and Athlon 64 3500, those would be good replacements. It will be a bit over $500 Canadian, though...

After that, get some super cooling and overclock the processor. You buy PC4000 RAM for overclocking. It performs poorly at PC3200 speeds because of poor latencies.
    At the MSI website it says the max ram its compatible with is PC3200, Its warns you that the use of pc4000 ram may not work in the mobo.

Comment

That's because it's not an accepted standard. I doubt any motherboards will guarantee that RAM will run at PC4000 speeds even if it's rated to. In any case, the MSI K8N Neo Platinum will work with PC4000 RAM. It's been tested to several times at Anandtech and other web sites. Any motherboard will overclocking features that work should run RAM at PC4000 speeds and higher.

Comment

dberladyn, that Asus p4 c800 deluxe E you've got.. if thats what it is... is a a great audio recording mother board.it's become a bit of a industry standard in the recording d.a.w world.

Comment

Working...
        X