AGP Video Card or Monitor Problems??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP Video Card or Monitor Problems??

I just upgraded my system with an Iwill P4R533-N 850E Socket mobo, a Pentium 4, 1.6GHz Socket 478 CPU and a VisionTek Xtasy Radeon 9200SE AGP Video Card. When I turn it on the system sounds really good, except my monitor does nothing the screen stays black and the power light stays blinking green. Can someone point me in the right direction to start troubleshooting.

Thank You

Re: AGP Video Card or Monitor Problems??

Do you get any beep codes form the BIOS? Also, you said you upgraded the system, was your monitor working before? Do you have any other video cards to try in it?

Comment

I have the same problems, my computer works with geforce ti 4600, but not with 6800 GT golden sample.....

Why??

Could it be the power supply? I have 300 watt powesupply...
      Last edited by Cleric11; 09-25-2004, 05:36 AM.

Comment

YE i need some help to, im thinking of getting a MSI Geforce 4 ti4400 card.s it good enough?

Comment

Stop hijacking threads you *******s..start new ones. Cleric..350 is minimum for a 6800, the laughing g man...seeing that i don't know your system, and new games use directx9...its better to get a directx 9 card like a 9800(200$), or a 6800(280$)
          CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
          Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
          RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
          GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
          PSU: Thermaltake 500w
          SC: Audigy 2 zs
          LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
          Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
          Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Originally posted by foreverprecious
            I just upgraded my system with an Iwill P4R533-N 850E Socket mobo, a Pentium 4, 1.6GHz Socket 478 CPU and a VisionTek Xtasy Radeon 9200SE AGP Video Card. When I turn it on the system sounds really good, except my monitor does nothing the screen stays black and the power light stays blinking green. Can someone point me in the right direction to start troubleshooting.

Thank You
            What kind of PSU do you have? Have you made sure everything is securely in place?

Comment

Working...
            X